How many fps can GTX 680 run this on Dual monitors...

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwertyqwop

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
I purchased an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 - 4GB - Single Card.
I'd like to play Battlefield3 and World of Warcraft at the same time. Battlefield 3 will be on one monitor. World of Warcraft will be on the other monitor.

Has anyone tried it or know of benchmarks on this? Will I get 40 or more frame rates per sec on BOTH games or I will have to tone down the settings to get playable frame rates (above 40)
Any info helps..

CPU: Processor Intel® Core™ i7-3770K Processor (4x 3.50GHz/8MB L3 Cache)
GPU: Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 - 4GB - Single Card
Mobo: ASUS Sabertooth Z77 -- 2x PCI-E 3.0 x16, 4x USB 3.0
RAM: 32GB DDR3-1600
Dual Monitors 1080p or higher

Solution
If you turn off AA in BF3 and shadows off in WoW I bet you can run both games at once at 60FPS, maybe you will have to lower some settings slightly, medium at worst.

It's a goofy ridiculous idea anyway, there's hardly any reason to run two games at once. Battlefield 3 requires focus and attention, you can't farm goods and shoot at the same time. If you do have a good reason, I'd love to know.

On an older card I was able to run 4 team fortress 2 games at once fully maxed on one PC with only a without any significant performance drop, so I would take a guess and say they both those games can run just fine together on two screens(680 alone is way over kill for WoW); just use windowed mode.
I think a game that uses a single monitor will direct the output to the primary monitor on your pc.
You may not have a choice in this so playing both games simultaneously may not work.

If the mode you are thinking of is to hot tab out of one game, then go to the other on the same monitor, then I think you are ok with your graphics capability.

It will help if you have adequate ram to hold both games. 8g should be ok, but 16gb might be better.

As to benchmarks, why not try it yourself? That will be more accurate than any synthetic benchmark.

The ALTERNATIVE is to have both games running but one minimized. You can ALT-TAB back and forth but it won't affect your performance as only one is running at a time.

I don't even understand HOW you could play both games at the same time with only two hands but.. whatever.

PERFORMANCE:
BF3 by itself will eat up your entire GTX680 for best quality, so with another game running you'd have to lower the quality a lot. (One of the anti-aliasing settings causes MAJOR visual problems like "mudiness" especially in dark areas. Disable it. I think it's NOT the deferred version.)

I've never even tested two games running at the same time though so I don't even know if it would work properly. I suppose it would.

If you turn off AA in BF3 and shadows off in WoW I bet you can run both games at once at 60FPS, maybe you will have to lower some settings slightly, medium at worst.

It's a goofy ridiculous idea anyway, there's hardly any reason to run two games at once. Battlefield 3 requires focus and attention, you can't farm goods and shoot at the same time. If you do have a good reason, I'd love to know.

On an older card I was able to run 4 team fortress 2 games at once fully maxed on one PC with only a without any significant performance drop, so I would take a guess and say they both those games can run just fine together on two screens(680 alone is way over kill for WoW); just use windowed mode.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.