Sign in with
Your question

Is this a good setup that would last long?

Last response: in Systems
January 19, 2013 9:19:42 PM

My current pc that I got it around 2004-2005 is still working fine after many many many hours of usage and amazingly I never even touched the case actually until now and you don't wanna know how much dust it was in there and yet it still works the same. And it also was a prebuilt.

Not to mention there's also a win 98 pc around in the house that still works.

Anyways.

I found an online website in my country that ships 100% free and I targeted those components.

GPU: GIGABYTE GV-N660OC-2GD
ODD: LG GH24NS95
CASE: RAIDMAX VIPER 2 RMX-VIP2
PSU: CHIEFTEC CTG-650C 650W
Mobo: ASROCK Z77 PRO3
SSD: Intel 330, 120GB
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770 non k
Ram: Geil GB38GB1866C10DC 8GB CL10
HDD: WD Caviar Blue WD10EZEX

I'm hoping this stuff would last 6 years. But I'm having shudders about the fact I've never actually built a pc from the ground up and I've heard nowadays the 1TB hdd's are prone to actually break in 6 months at most or even the first weeks.

Final price for all is 1386$ Am I getting ripped off?

More about : good setup long

a b B Homebuilt system
January 19, 2013 10:04:57 PM

The GPU won't be able to run games very well in 6 years, but the rest will be fine. If I were you, I would go with an i5 3570 and a better GPU. Whats the use of this computer?
January 19, 2013 11:05:08 PM

Well just storing files and pretty much playing games on 1280x720.

With the occasional try out at photoshop and recording videos for youtube hoping I would get a lil popular.

I can always change the gpu in the future but I heard its pretty good (the website that I'm getting the stuff from doesn't have a gtx 660 ti)

I'm just hoping this stuff would last and not fail on me especially in the first months that would be awful and my luck at this kind of stuff has always been bad. [:panicmaster85:3]
!