Monitor Won't Connect to DVI or Analogue

This problem is really perplexing me as everything has been working fine until just now.
Basically I've been upgrading various aspects of my PC and recently I got a new graphics card, a Radeon HD 66870 and everything was working for great for the first day running it. Graphics were so much better and slicker but I set my PC to sleep when I left the house and now my monitor will not connect to my PC.
Here's what I have tried:
-I've unplugged my DVI cable on both ends and plugged back in.
-Switched off the PC and monitor and restarted.
-Taken out my new graphics card and put in my old Nvidia 9400 GT which doesn't use DVI, but still the same problem.
-However weirdly enough, when I plugged the monitor into my laptop as a cloned screen, my monitor displayed my laptop screen perfectly.

I'm really stumped on how to get my PC and monitor to connect and I don't have an alternative monitor to use, so I now can't use my PC.
Please help.
5 answers Last reply
More about monitor connect analogue
  1. Check your bios to make sure that it is using the PCI slot and not trying to use an internal onboard video card.
  2. How do I do that without a working screen?
  3. Slannman33 said:
    How do I do that without a working screen?

It never shows anything even when booting up? hmm.

Try resetting the cmos then.
  4. Yeah, sorry I should have explained what I get when I switch on. PC powers up, fans whirring, lights on and blank screen save for a box in the corner switching between Analogue and DVI before the monitor then goes into sleep mode with a flashing orange light. If I unplug the DVI cable it comes up with 'check signal cable'.
    Also, how do I reset the CMOS?
  5. It depends on the computer's motherboard, but usually you can just remove the battery (looks kind of like a watch battery) that is on the motherboard for about 10-15 minutes.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Connection Monitors Graphics