Ok can't install any game into my computer.

January 1, 2005 2:23:01 PM

I keep getting this error "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file
is not suitable for running MS-Dos and Micfrosoft Windows applications.
Choose close to termanate the applacation.

Now I choose close and nothing happens. I don't know what to do. I can't
play any games on my computer but I want to. I don't know what to do or where
to even start.

More about : install game computer

Anonymous
January 1, 2005 5:26:38 PM

Hi David,

You can solve that problem by replacing the file:

1. Browse to C:\WINDOWS\repair
Right-Click and Copy the file named: autoexec.nt *

2. Browse to C:\WINDOWS\System32
Right-Click in that window to Paste the file
(Answer yes if prompted to replace existing file)

* Note: If the file autoexec.nt doesn't exist on your system
right click the link below and select the "Save Target As.."
option to save the file in C:\WINDOWS\System32
http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/AUTOEXEC.NT

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

"David R" <David R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1A83A9D0-0D97-427E-B77B-3D9B15E00CD3@microsoft.com...
>I keep getting this error "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file
> is not suitable for running MS-Dos and Micfrosoft Windows applications.
> Choose close to termanate the applacation.
>
> Now I choose close and nothing happens. I don't know what to do. I can't
> play any games on my computer but I want to. I don't know what to do or where
> to even start.
January 2, 2005 2:53:01 PM

Hi

I too have the same probelm and it is driving me up the wall, I have the
same error message too, I have just done what was suggested but nothing has
changed. Can you please let me know if you have got ures working yet.

Many thanks

Alison

"David R" wrote:

> I keep getting this error "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file
> is not suitable for running MS-Dos and Micfrosoft Windows applications.
> Choose close to termanate the applacation.
>
> Now I choose close and nothing happens. I don't know what to do. I can't
> play any games on my computer but I want to. I don't know what to do or where
> to even start.
January 2, 2005 2:53:02 PM

"David R" wrote:

> I keep getting this error "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file
> is not suitable for running MS-Dos and Micfrosoft Windows applications.
> Choose close to termanate the applacation.
>
> Now I choose close and nothing happens. I don't know what to do. I can't
> play any games on my computer but I want to. I don't know what to do or where
> to even start.
January 2, 2005 2:55:02 PM

Hi

I to have the same problem, I have carried out what the man below suggested
and things are still the same, can you please let me know if you have fixed
ures.
Many thanks

Alison

"David R" wrote:

> I keep getting this error "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file
> is not suitable for running MS-Dos and Micfrosoft Windows applications.
> Choose close to termanate the applacation.
>
> Now I choose close and nothing happens. I don't know what to do. I can't
> play any games on my computer but I want to. I don't know what to do or where
> to even start.
Anonymous
January 2, 2005 11:08:48 PM

"alison" <alison@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I to have the same problem, I have carried out what the man below
> suggested
> and things are still the same, can you please let me know if you have
> fixed
> ures.
> Many thanks

Try downloading http://windows.dasmirnov.net/downloads/AUTOEXEC.NT (right
click and save as) and putting it into your windows\system32 folder.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.