I can see all the pixels/microblocks on my 1080p monitor? Quite ugly.

I thought it was just a normal with monitors, but it looks like I can see the pixels. It's really bad looking with white, and other bright colors. It kinda looks like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:RGB_pixels_on_a_CRT_monitor.jpg Only I can see it from a few feet away. I did buy it refurbished from Acer, so any help on this would be much appreciated.

I'll take a picture if anyone needs better representation.
11 answers Last reply
More about pixels microblocks 1080p monitor ugly
  1. take a picture
    but its most likely a broken monitor.
  2. Hopefully this pic does the job. it's unnoticable on darker colors, but lighter ones it's a eye sore. :/

And don't mind the warbling in the upper right, that's just weird stuff you get when you take a picture of another.

http://i47.tinypic.com/2cz3c4l.jpg

Thank you so much!
  3. I can't actually tell much from that picture but if you can see pixels distortion its most likely something seriously wrong. whats the monitor model?
  4. S232HL ABID/ET.VS2HP.A01;23WIDE;MAXIMUM RESOLUTION:1920X1080;VGA, Dvi (hdcp), HD Got it from amazon a month ago, the 90 day warrenty is still valid. Should I take it back or can everyone see pixels on their monitor?
  5. take it back, not everyone can see pixels on their monitor especially at 1080p.
  6. Is it suppose to look like nothing's there? Like if I'm staring at something in-game I should see it like I'm there and not on a screen? (like seeing pixels or whatever it appears to be)

Alright, thanks for your help.
  7. did you have the problem before with your other monitors? It should look like a photo.
  8. is the colour setting set to 32bit?

try using a different connection or a different cable.
  9. It looks like a photo, but with water splashed on the entire surface. And no, I went to a friend's house to see if he had the same thing and his monitor looks better. But I can't return it unfortunatly. Return date is up. :/ 100$ bucks down the drain.
  10. well yours should look like his but it could be the cable like shadyhamster said.
  11. Quite honestly $100 is really cheap for a good 1080p monitor. Even for a refurbished that seems a bit low.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Acer Monitors Graphics