I just built a computer, first time, monitor says no signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhengalanzheng

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012
So I just finished building my first gaming pc and when I tried to boot it, it says no signal. I used newegg's tutorial to build my PC. I'm not sure if it's the ram problem, it's a pair of ripjaws 16gb 2x8. For some reason, when I installed the ram and lock it into the place, I can still pull out the ram when I locked it, is this normal? Here are my specs:
Benq MLG monitor

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2133 Memory
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Green 1.5TB 3.5" 5900RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB
Case: NZXT Tempest 410 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: NZXT Hale82n 750W PSU
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer
the computer is running but no signal. Graphics card I can see the fans spinning, cpu fan spinning, and other 2 fans are also running.

Solution
weird. Well, you might have to check why the ram can come out but you should still be able to boot the system if the ram is in the socket even if its not locked properly.

zhengalanzheng

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012

well for some reason the ram is seated and I locked it. But when I check it's not actually locked in place. I could still put the ram out even with the latches locked.

zhengalanzheng

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012

But here is the problem, I seated the ram correctly, and I tried to push the ram in. I remember back then when I installed ram I usually hear a click then put the notches back and it won't come off even when I pull it. But now, I tried and tried, but everytime I put the notches together I can still pull the ram out.

zhengalanzheng

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012

nope...
Also I asked ppl and they say that the ram is supposed to be locked and you can't pull it out if it's locked. But I can never "lock" my ram.

zhengalanzheng

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012

Well I finally locked it in place and it booted. It was a pain in the neck. But thanks anyways:D

Status
Not open for further replies.