Sapphire HD 7950 (OC Ed) or Asus HD 7950 DirectCU II TOP or 660Ti

admbautista

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012
Hi,

I've thinking on which card will I get for my new build.

i5 3570
asus h77m-le
G-skill sniper 8gb
caviar black 500gb
NZXT Phantom
Seasonic S12II 620w
LG 23" IPS234V

But I'm still not decided on what will I buy. At first I'm on the process of picking if I'll get a 660 ti or a 7950. I picked 660 ti first, because I'm only planning to play at 1920x1080, and it is said that 660 ti runs cooler and uses less power, so might be longer lifespan and less electricity bill for me. But with alot of harsh comments and eager people telling me to get 7950 instead, I'm now confused. And now, if I get a 7950, I have a choice of getting either a Asus TOP edition, Sapphire OC ed, or a power color reference card. The power color reference card is like 75$ cheaper but since its a reference card, I think it wont make it in my list because I want the best cooler(thus longer lifespan) for my card. The Asus and the sapphire card prices the same. Now I'm trying to pick from the two.

Could someone help me on this. And If you have comments on me picking the 660 ti instead, go ahead. I just want my PC/card to live as long as possible. But not really compromising its performance but its only secondary to lifespan. Thanks!

monu_08

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
go for sapphire 7950 oced version its far better and also trustable brand like sapphire
is great manufacturer in making amd ati cards go for it since ati release new driver which is great for games

admbautista

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012

That's what I'm thinking too. Also, since I won't overclock myself, I'll just get the factory OC ed. How about cooling, will my case be fine with its stock fans on it. I'm planning to add a 200mm side fan, but if without the side fan, only the stock fans(200mm top, 120mm back, 2 120mm side[pointing at hdd]), will it be okay? will it run at good temps?

camohanna

Distinguished
7950 is better. It is about par with the GTX 670 which is dearer. Go with that 7950, they perform really well and as monu said, the sapphire oc'd version is a great choice, it will run any game on max settings. Your build is basically the same as mine. It looks good and if there was 1 adjustment i could make, swap that HDD for SSD for faster OS boot and game loading.

camohanna

Distinguished

That stock cooling will be plenty, the card has its own heatsink anyway..