Fx or i5

G

Simple. Fx-8350 vs i5 3750k??? And why??

I want to play Bf3 at max.

Thanks!! :D

Solution
i5 hands down, the king of gaming cpu
pair it with 7950 and OC both cpu and GPU, epic
make sure you pick unlocked voltage 7950 to OC, afaik some xfx/gigabyte have locked voltage

fx 8 core only win in vid rendering
660 ti is only 192 bit card despite its performance
i5 hands down, the king of gaming cpu
pair it with 7950 and OC both cpu and GPU, epic
make sure you pick unlocked voltage 7950 to OC, afaik some xfx/gigabyte have locked voltage

fx 8 core only win in vid rendering
660 ti is only 192 bit card despite its performance

Solution

Zed_Spooge

Honorable
Nov 11, 2012
No guys. Check out youtube.com/razethew0rld 's gaming benchmarks with them. the FX is even/better than the i5 in BF3, crysis 2, and skyrim. Also get a 7950, when OC'd it's up with the 670/680. fx is a great option, coming from someone who has an i7.

G

I chose as best answer because you recommend intel, even though your name is AMD Radeon XD...priceless!

What do you two think about the GPU?

Zed_Spooge

Honorable
Nov 11, 2012
Please don't go i5 just because intel biased CPU benchmarks beat it by 1%. def get the 7950. let me make myself clear; i am NOT a fanboy, i OWN an i7, and I love it. but personally if i could do a doover I'd go fx and 7950 instead of i7 and 670. ;/

this is a feedback from panicmaster, i hope he read this post and clarify :)
i know 8350 and 8120 is different, by how much?

This is just not true

Both architectures have strengths and weaknesses , but in modern DX 10 or 11 games the user experience will be near enough identical no matter which processor you choose

G

I SEE THAT! OK! It's just that the 3750k is the most tried and true processor on the market, and EVERY SINGLE ONE of my friends/my boss (who builds computers for a living)/other people besides you have all recommended the i5...It's just confusing.

G

The extra $40 is not worth 5fps more to me.

G

would I jump off a cliff if you recommended it?