Sims 2 Not Starting...already installed....

January 2, 2005 7:23:02 PM

This is what comes up when I try to load the Sims 2:
"FAILED TO FIND ANY DIRECTX 9.0c COMPATIBLE GRAPHICS ADAPTERS IN THIS SYSTEM!"
How can I fix this??????
--
Sara
Anonymous

Hi Sara,

"Sara" <Sara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A1703BD-2614-4C83-862E-8813D086F696@microsoft.com...
> This is what comes up when I try to load the Sims 2:
> "FAILED TO FIND ANY DIRECTX 9.0c COMPATIBLE GRAPHICS ADAPTERS IN THIS SYSTEM!"
> How can I fix this??????
> --
> Sara

That message would appear if your card is unfortunately
not one of the cards supported by the SIMS 2 game.

For the list of graphic cards supported by SIMS 2:
http://thesims2.ea.com/help/detail.php?help_id=21

Here's a couple of ways to identify which video card you
have installed on your computer.

1. Click Start / Run / type: dxdiag
Click the Display Tab
Look under Device for the name and manufacturer

2. Click Start / (Settings) Control Panel
Click Display
Click the Settings Tab
Click the Advanced... button
Click the Adapter Tab

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

January 3, 2005 3:30:42 AM

"Sara" <Sara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is what comes up when I try to load the Sims 2:
> "FAILED TO FIND ANY DIRECTX 9.0c COMPATIBLE GRAPHICS ADAPTERS IN THIS
> SYSTEM!"
> How can I fix this??????

Updating the graphics card's drivers, as long as it's supported should do
the trick.

If you're not sure what graphics card is in your system check out:

http://windows.dasmirnov.net/guides/hardware.php

If you then post back with what you've got we can point you in the right
direction from there.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

January 13, 2005 6:49:04 PM

I am having the same problem. I checked my DXDiag thingy and it said under
device:

S3 Graphics SuperSavage / IXC 1179
S3 Graphics, Inc

How do I upgrade this (or whatever I need to do) in order to run Sims 2.

Thanks.

"Paul Smith" wrote:

> "Sara" <Sara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > This is what comes up when I try to load the Sims 2:
> > "FAILED TO FIND ANY DIRECTX 9.0c COMPATIBLE GRAPHICS ADAPTERS IN THIS
> > SYSTEM!"
> > How can I fix this??????
>
> Updating the graphics card's drivers, as long as it's supported should do
> the trick.
>
> If you're not sure what graphics card is in your system check out:
>
> http://windows.dasmirnov.net/guides/hardware.php
>
> If you then post back with what you've got we can point you in the right
> direction from there.
>
> --
> Paul Smith,
> Yeovil, UK.
> http://www.dasmirnov.net/
> http://windows.dasmirnov.net/ Windows XP Resource Site.
>
> *Replace nospam with smirnov to reply by e-mail*

Anonymous
January 13, 2005 9:53:35 PM

Hi PeaNutty,

That message would appear if your card is unfortunately
not one of the cards supported by the SIMS 2 game.

For the list of graphic cards supported by SIMS 2:
http://thesims2.ea.com/help/detail.php?help_id=21

You can upgrade your video card at your local computer
hardware store. Your computer will need a video card
rather than it's current onboard video to run SIMS 2.

--

"PeaNutty03" <PeaNutty03@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C54D0F7-31E9-419A-976B-B65047530961@microsoft.com...
>I am having the same problem. I checked my DXDiag thingy and it said under
> device:
>
> S3 Graphics SuperSavage / IXC 1179
> S3 Graphics, Inc
>
> How do I upgrade this (or whatever I need to do) in order to run Sims 2.
>
> Thanks.
>
> "Paul Smith" wrote:
>
>> "Sara" <Sara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > This is what comes up when I try to load the Sims 2:
>> > "FAILED TO FIND ANY DIRECTX 9.0c COMPATIBLE GRAPHICS ADAPTERS IN THIS
>> > SYSTEM!"
>> > How can I fix this??????
>>
>> Updating the graphics card's drivers, as long as it's supported should do
>> the trick.
>>
>> If you're not sure what graphics card is in your system check out:
>>
>> http://windows.dasmirnov.net/guides/hardware.php
>>
>> If you then post back with what you've got we can point you in the right
>> direction from there.
>>
>> --
>> Paul Smith,
>> Yeovil, UK.
>> http://www.dasmirnov.net/
>> http://windows.dasmirnov.net/ Windows XP Resource Site.
>>
>> *Replace nospam with smirnov to reply by e-mail*

Anonymous
January 14, 2005 6:55:01 PM

So I don't have any of those listed on the website. This is a laptop computer
we're talking about, a Toshiba Satellite 2405. Can I update? Can I change my
driver to whatever I want by downloaded that kind? Thank you.

"Jimmy S." wrote:

> Hi PeaNutty,
>
> That message would appear if your card is unfortunately
> not one of the cards supported by the SIMS 2 game.
>
> For the list of graphic cards supported by SIMS 2:
> http://thesims2.ea.com/help/detail.php?help_id=21
>
> You can upgrade your video card at your local computer
> hardware store. Your computer will need a video card
> rather than it's current onboard video to run SIMS 2.
>
> --
> Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

> MS Assisted Support: http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance
>
> "PeaNutty03" <PeaNutty03@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C54D0F7-31E9-419A-976B-B65047530961@microsoft.com...
> >I am having the same problem. I checked my DXDiag thingy and it said under
> > device:
> >
> > S3 Graphics SuperSavage / IXC 1179
> > S3 Graphics, Inc
> >
> > How do I upgrade this (or whatever I need to do) in order to run Sims 2.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > "Paul Smith" wrote:
> >
> >> "Sara" <Sara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> Updating the graphics card's drivers, as long as it's supported should do
> >> the trick.
> >>
> >> If you're not sure what graphics card is in your system check out:
> >>
> >> http://windows.dasmirnov.net/guides/hardware.php
> >>
> >> If you then post back with what you've got we can point you in the right
> >> direction from there.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Paul Smith,
> >> Yeovil, UK.
> >> http://www.dasmirnov.net/
> >> http://windows.dasmirnov.net/ Windows XP Resource Site.
> >>
> >> *Replace nospam with smirnov to reply by e-mail*

Anonymous
January 15, 2005 4:05:38 AM

Hi,

You cannot resolve this issue with a download.

You require a hardware upgrade to your system
to meet the video requirements of that game. :-)

--

!