Sims 2 Not Starting...already installed....

This is what comes up when I try to load the Sims 2:
"FAILED TO FIND ANY DIRECTX 9.0c COMPATIBLE GRAPHICS ADAPTERS IN THIS SYSTEM!"
How can I fix this??????
--
Sara
6 answers Last reply

    Hi Sara,

    "Sara" <Sara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A1703BD-2614-4C83-862E-8813D086F696@microsoft.com...
    > This is what comes up when I try to load the Sims 2:
    > "FAILED TO FIND ANY DIRECTX 9.0c COMPATIBLE GRAPHICS ADAPTERS IN THIS SYSTEM!"
    > How can I fix this??????
    > --
    > Sara

    That message would appear if your card is unfortunately
    not one of the cards supported by the SIMS 2 game.

    For the list of graphic cards supported by SIMS 2:
    http://thesims2.ea.com/help/detail.php?help_id=21

    Here's a couple of ways to identify which video card you
    have installed on your computer.

    1. Click Start / Run / type: dxdiag
    Click the Display Tab
    Look under Device for the name and manufacturer

    2. Click Start / (Settings) Control Panel
    Click Display
    Click the Settings Tab
    Click the Advanced... button
    Click the Adapter Tab

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    "Sara" <Sara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > This is what comes up when I try to load the Sims 2:
    > "FAILED TO FIND ANY DIRECTX 9.0c COMPATIBLE GRAPHICS ADAPTERS IN THIS
    > SYSTEM!"
    > How can I fix this??????

    Updating the graphics card's drivers, as long as it's supported should do
    the trick.

    If you're not sure what graphics card is in your system check out:

    http://windows.dasmirnov.net/guides/hardware.php

    If you then post back with what you've got we can point you in the right
    direction from there.

    --
    Paul Smith,
    Yeovil, UK.

    I am having the same problem. I checked my DXDiag thingy and it said under
    device:

    S3 Graphics SuperSavage / IXC 1179
    S3 Graphics, Inc

    How do I upgrade this (or whatever I need to do) in order to run Sims 2.

    Thanks.

    "Paul Smith" wrote:

    > "Sara" <Sara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > This is what comes up when I try to load the Sims 2:
    > > "FAILED TO FIND ANY DIRECTX 9.0c COMPATIBLE GRAPHICS ADAPTERS IN THIS
    > > SYSTEM!"
    > > How can I fix this??????
    >
    > Updating the graphics card's drivers, as long as it's supported should do
    > the trick.
    >
    > If you're not sure what graphics card is in your system check out:
    >
    > http://windows.dasmirnov.net/guides/hardware.php
    >
    > If you then post back with what you've got we can point you in the right
    > direction from there.
    >
    > --
    > Paul Smith,
    > Yeovil, UK.
    > http://www.dasmirnov.net/
    > http://windows.dasmirnov.net/ Windows XP Resource Site.
    >
    > *Replace nospam with smirnov to reply by e-mail*

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games (More info?)

    Hi PeaNutty,

    That message would appear if your card is unfortunately
    not one of the cards supported by the SIMS 2 game.

    For the list of graphic cards supported by SIMS 2:
    http://thesims2.ea.com/help/detail.php?help_id=21

    You can upgrade your video card at your local computer
    hardware store. Your computer will need a video card
    rather than it's current onboard video to run SIMS 2.

    --

    "PeaNutty03" <PeaNutty03@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C54D0F7-31E9-419A-976B-B65047530961@microsoft.com...
    >I am having the same problem. I checked my DXDiag thingy and it said under
    > device:
    >
    > S3 Graphics SuperSavage / IXC 1179
    > S3 Graphics, Inc
    >
    > How do I upgrade this (or whatever I need to do) in order to run Sims 2.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > "Paul Smith" wrote:
    >
    >> "Sara" <Sara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > This is what comes up when I try to load the Sims 2:
    >> > "FAILED TO FIND ANY DIRECTX 9.0c COMPATIBLE GRAPHICS ADAPTERS IN THIS
    >> > SYSTEM!"
    >> > How can I fix this??????
    >>
    >> Updating the graphics card's drivers, as long as it's supported should do
    >> the trick.
    >>
    >> If you're not sure what graphics card is in your system check out:
    >>
    >> http://windows.dasmirnov.net/guides/hardware.php
    >>
    >> If you then post back with what you've got we can point you in the right
    >> direction from there.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Paul Smith,
    >> Yeovil, UK.
    >> http://www.dasmirnov.net/
    >> http://windows.dasmirnov.net/ Windows XP Resource Site.
    >>
    >> *Replace nospam with smirnov to reply by e-mail*

  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games (More info?)

    So I don't have any of those listed on the website. This is a laptop computer
    we're talking about, a Toshiba Satellite 2405. Can I update? Can I change my
    driver to whatever I want by downloaded that kind? Thank you.

    "Jimmy S." wrote:

    > Hi PeaNutty,
    >
    > That message would appear if your card is unfortunately
    > not one of the cards supported by the SIMS 2 game.
    >
    > For the list of graphic cards supported by SIMS 2:
    > http://thesims2.ea.com/help/detail.php?help_id=21
    >
    > You can upgrade your video card at your local computer
    > hardware store. Your computer will need a video card
    > rather than it's current onboard video to run SIMS 2.
    >
    > --
    > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    > MS Assisted Support: http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance
    >
    > "PeaNutty03" <PeaNutty03@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C54D0F7-31E9-419A-976B-B65047530961@microsoft.com...
    > >I am having the same problem. I checked my DXDiag thingy and it said under
    > > device:
    > >
    > > S3 Graphics SuperSavage / IXC 1179
    > > S3 Graphics, Inc
    > >
    > > How do I upgrade this (or whatever I need to do) in order to run Sims 2.
    > >
    > > Thanks.
    > >
    > > "Paul Smith" wrote:
    > >
    > >> "Sara" <Sara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> Updating the graphics card's drivers, as long as it's supported should do
    > >> the trick.
    > >>
    > >> If you're not sure what graphics card is in your system check out:
    > >>
    > >> http://windows.dasmirnov.net/guides/hardware.php
    > >>
    > >> If you then post back with what you've got we can point you in the right
    > >> direction from there.
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Paul Smith,
    > >> Yeovil, UK.
    > >> http://www.dasmirnov.net/
    > >> http://windows.dasmirnov.net/ Windows XP Resource Site.
    > >>
    > >> *Replace nospam with smirnov to reply by e-mail*

  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games (More info?)

    Hi,

    You cannot resolve this issue with a download.

    You require a hardware upgrade to your system
    to meet the video requirements of that game. :-)

    --

    "PeaNutty03" <PeaNutty03@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08A0C6A4-535B-432B-B313-19BB787A5E76@microsoft.com...
    > So I don't have any of those listed on the website. This is a laptop computer
    > we're talking about, a Toshiba Satellite 2405. Can I update? Can I change my
    > driver to whatever I want by downloaded that kind? Thank you.
    >
    > "Jimmy S." wrote:
    >
    >> Hi PeaNutty,
    >>
    >> That message would appear if your card is unfortunately
    >> not one of the cards supported by the SIMS 2 game.
    >>
    >> For the list of graphic cards supported by SIMS 2:
    >> http://thesims2.ea.com/help/detail.php?help_id=21
    >>
    >> You can upgrade your video card at your local computer
    >> hardware store. Your computer will need a video card
    >> rather than it's current onboard video to run SIMS 2.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
    >> Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
    >>
    >> Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
    >> Visit my MSN Zone.com and Gaming Help Site: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits
    >> MS Assisted Support: http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance
    >> My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.
    >>
    >> "PeaNutty03" <PeaNutty03@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C54D0F7-31E9-419A-976B-B65047530961@microsoft.com...
    >> >I am having the same problem. I checked my DXDiag thingy and it said under
    >> > device:
    >> >
    >> > S3 Graphics SuperSavage / IXC 1179
    >> > S3 Graphics, Inc
    >> >
    >> > How do I upgrade this (or whatever I need to do) in order to run Sims 2.
    >> >
    >> > Thanks.

Sims Microsoft Windows XP