Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Need help choosing a graphics card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
December 5, 2012 11:41:31 AM

I want to upgrade my graphics card

My system
Intel Core i3-2120 3.3GHz/3MB/No turbo (BX80623I32120) s1155 BOX
ASRock H61DEL (s1155, Intel H61, PCI-Ex16)
Kingston DDR3-1333 4096MB PC3-10600 (KVR1333D3N9/4G)
WD 320 Gb SATA
Chieftec APS-550S

I choose between

Inno 3d GTX 660 (http://www.inno3d.com/product/ichillgtx660.html)
and
Sapphire Hd7870 (http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?cid=1...)

There are at the same price, so I have problems to choose.

More about : choosing graphics card

a b U Graphics card
December 5, 2012 11:46:42 AM

7870 is much better at the price point.

the 7870 is pretty much as fast as a 660ti
Score
0
a c 291 U Graphics card
December 5, 2012 11:52:44 AM

HD 7870 is a bit faster (around 10%). GTX 660 has more features (Adaptive VSync, PhysX, Cuda, 3D vision, FXAA, TXAA, etc.). In the end, the battle results in a tie. There are both Nvidia and AMD fanboys that will say that one card is better than another, but in reality, you won't be sorry by getting either. It's up to you what you prefer. Don't forget to check warranty available in where you live. Getting a card without a warranty would be the worst thing you could do.
Score
0
Related resources
December 5, 2012 11:54:30 AM

darth pravus said:
7870 is much better at the price point.

the 7870 is pretty much as fast as a 660ti


Various tests give different results. In some 660 is ahead of 7870 in others the 7870 , so it seems to me this issue is not unambiguous.
Score
0

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
December 5, 2012 11:56:46 AM

Sunius said:
HD 7870 is a bit faster (around 10%). GTX 660 has more features (Adaptive VSync, PhysX, Cuda, 3D vision, FXAA, TXAA, etc.). In the end, the battle results in a tie. There are both Nvidia and AMD fanboys that will say that one card is better than another, but in reality, you won't be sorry by getting either. It's up to you what you prefer. Don't forget to check warranty available in where you live. Getting a card without a warranty would be the worst thing you could do.


+1

I wouldn't recommend you to buy ANY inno3d GPUs I had a inno3d GTX 660, it was heavily overheating. I got it shipped back and got a reference design GTX 660, which proved to be about 20 degrees cooler. They got bad quality and bad support, it's a no go.
Share
December 5, 2012 11:59:36 AM

lostgamer_03 said:
+1

I wouldn't recommend you to buy ANY inno3d GPUs I had a inno3d GTX 660, it was heavily overheating. I got it shipped back and got a reference design GTX 660, which proved to be about 20 degrees cooler. They got bad quality and bad support, it's a no go.


Ok if not Inno 3d. What would you recommend?
Score
0
a c 291 U Graphics card
December 5, 2012 12:31:12 PM

MSI, Gigabyte, Asus are all decent.
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
December 5, 2012 12:59:56 PM

Don't forget EVGA - warranty of glory. In the UK, they're the best option with three years as standard, extended to five or ten years if you register your details within 30 days of purchase. Warranty terms vary by country though with most manufacturers, so check it out where you live. A lot of these companies don't make the info easily accessible on their site - just get in touch with them and ask. It was only Zotac and Palit I couldn't get an answer from.
Score
0
December 6, 2012 6:37:10 AM

Best answer selected by Allex_35.
Score
0
!