  • Windows XP
a b U Graphics card
a b } Memory
January 2, 2005 9:23:02 PM

A little while ago I started having problems with just the simplest of games.
Things like Popcap games just start to drag and become unresponsive. I
bought new memory, and a new graphics card and things still don't work. I
have tried running them after a clean boot, and they still drag. If I leave
taskman open I can see that CPU usgae goes to 100% and then drops and spikes
again. Here is the info
Processor: Intel Pentium CPU4 1.80 GHZ
Memory: 1024 MB Ram
DirectX Version: DirectX 8.1 (I downloaded 9.0 and it says it is installed,
but that doesn't seem to be true)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeoForce FX5200 Memory: 128 MB
58 GB Free Hard Drive Space
I checked device Manager and the graphics card is enabled and working
properly. Any help you could provide would be great. THANKS
Sound Card: SoundMax Digital Audio

More about : games freezing

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b } Memory
January 3, 2005 2:21:40 PM

Hi Flyboi,

Those games sometimes access the internet if you have a connection
open. If you have spyware issues on the machine, this could cause
the type of behavior you've described. Visit microsoft.com/spyware

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User