Games Freezing

A little while ago I started having problems with just the simplest of games.
Things like Popcap games just start to drag and become unresponsive. I
bought new memory, and a new graphics card and things still don't work. I
have tried running them after a clean boot, and they still drag. If I leave
taskman open I can see that CPU usgae goes to 100% and then drops and spikes
again. Here is the info
Processor: Intel Pentium CPU4 1.80 GHZ
Memory: 1024 MB Ram
DirectX Version: DirectX 8.1 (I downloaded 9.0 and it says it is installed,
but that doesn't seem to be true)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeoForce FX5200 Memory: 128 MB
58 GB Free Hard Drive Space
I checked device Manager and the graphics card is enabled and working
properly. Any help you could provide would be great. THANKS
Sound Card: SoundMax Digital Audio
1 answer Last reply
More about games freezing

    Hi Flyboi,

    Those games sometimes access the internet if you have a connection
    open. If you have spyware issues on the machine, this could cause
    the type of behavior you've described. Visit microsoft.com/spyware

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    "flyboi221" <flyboi221@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CBAFD6A8-46F2-4CA4-8FB3-D9CC9CFB51A2@microsoft.com...
    | A little while ago I started having problems with just the simplest of games.
    | Things like Popcap games just start to drag and become unresponsive. I
    | bought new memory, and a new graphics card and things still don't work. I
    | have tried running them after a clean boot, and they still drag. If I leave
    | taskman open I can see that CPU usgae goes to 100% and then drops and spikes
    | again. Here is the info
    | Processor: Intel Pentium CPU4 1.80 GHZ
    | Memory: 1024 MB Ram
    | DirectX Version: DirectX 8.1 (I downloaded 9.0 and it says it is installed,
    | but that doesn't seem to be true)
    | Video Card: NVIDIA GeoForce FX5200 Memory: 128 MB
    | 58 GB Free Hard Drive Space
    | I checked device Manager and the graphics card is enabled and working
    | properly. Any help you could provide would be great. THANKS
    | Sound Card: SoundMax Digital Audio

Games Graphics Cards Memory Windows XP