Closed Solved

Need help getting HDMI audio to work

I am using HDMI to connect to my Sony HDTV (j_e_d_70 helped me select this method - thanks JED)
My problem now is that the AUDIO from an application or CD does not transmit to the TV.
I am running Windows 8 and the sound configuration utility recordnizes the SONY TV and the "test" sound is heard on the tv ok.
Any recomendations?
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about need hdmi audio work
  1. Best answer
    right click on the speaker icon located on the bottom right corner, click playback devices..that will open a list, select the tv and right click, set as default

hope this helps
  2. ^ +1
  3. alvine said:
    right click on the speaker icon located on the bottom right corner, click playback devices..that will open a list, select the tv and right click, set as default

hope this helps

Thanks Alvine,
    It worked - the audio is working on the TV!
    Now its not working on my PC -should I get it on both simultaneously?
  4. Don't think u can. Will be interested to hear from someone else :)
  5. You have to change the computer speakers back as default device when you want them.
  6. Well, this is a stretch but you could see what your TV has for audio outs and maybe run another super long cable back to the PC speakers...
  7. J_E_D_70 said:
    Well, this is a stretch but you could see what your TV has for audio outs and maybe run another super long cable back to the PC speakers...

Thanks JED,
    Now that I know how it works I can switch back and forth as needed.
  8. wanderer11 said:
    You have to change the computer speakers back as default device when you want them.

Thanks Wanderer,
    It took me a while to find out you need to change the audio/speaker assignment BEFORE you bring up the application.
  9. Best answer selected by Johntee2012.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards TV Audio HDMI Graphics