Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Need help getting HDMI audio to work

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
December 5, 2012 1:08:19 PM

I am using HDMI to connect to my Sony HDTV (j_e_d_70 helped me select this method - thanks JED)
My problem now is that the AUDIO from an application or CD does not transmit to the TV.
I am running Windows 8 and the sound configuration utility recordnizes the SONY TV and the "test" sound is heard on the tv ok.
Any recomendations?

More about : hdmi audio work

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
December 5, 2012 1:14:38 PM

right click on the speaker icon located on the bottom right corner, click playback devices..that will open a list, select the tv and right click, set as default


hope this helps
Share
a b U Graphics card
December 5, 2012 1:16:05 PM

^ +1
Score
0
Related resources
December 5, 2012 3:19:11 PM

alvine said:
right click on the speaker icon located on the bottom right corner, click playback devices..that will open a list, select the tv and right click, set as default


hope this helps

Thanks Alvine,
It worked - the audio is working on the TV!
Now its not working on my PC -should I get it on both simultaneously?
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
December 5, 2012 3:23:05 PM

Don't think u can. Will be interested to hear from someone else :) 
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
December 5, 2012 3:25:10 PM

You have to change the computer speakers back as default device when you want them.
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
December 5, 2012 3:28:24 PM

Well, this is a stretch but you could see what your TV has for audio outs and maybe run another super long cable back to the PC speakers...
Score
0
December 5, 2012 6:40:28 PM

J_E_D_70 said:
Well, this is a stretch but you could see what your TV has for audio outs and maybe run another super long cable back to the PC speakers...

Thanks JED,
Now that I know how it works I can switch back and forth as needed.
Score
0
December 5, 2012 6:43:46 PM

wanderer11 said:
You have to change the computer speakers back as default device when you want them.

Thanks Wanderer,
It took me a while to find out you need to change the audio/speaker assignment BEFORE you bring up the application.
Score
0
December 5, 2012 6:44:36 PM

Best answer selected by Johntee2012.
Score
0
!