nickursis

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2002
As long as the rant is on: ECS has also lost my buisness (after building 10 machines with ECS boards) after buying the P6S5AT (SiS635 chipset) moboard. It was marketed as Tualitan capable, but sure enough, it would only support a 1.13 Tualitan, so if you got ahold of a 1.2/256K cache tualatin, you were out of luck! The problem though, was not just that they didn't specifically list the chips (which they do now- thru a link at the board site), their tech support also seems to ignore their email, and when the phone mail finally overflowed into a managers box (who happened to actually get someone to call back a day later), the return call blamed me (the customer for being stupid enough to believe them (the producer), that when they say Tualitin, they mean't a 1.13Ghz Tualitin only! How stupid of me not to read their money grubbing minds? But if I wanted to purchase another of their boards (the micro-ATX version), that one would support it! Why? Its the same chipset? I don't know!- You get what you pay for! ECS may be inexpensive, but they have sunk too low to buy from anymore.

Backup my harddrive? How the hell do I get it in reverse?

dhlucke

Polypheme
Sometimes you have to accept some responsibility for what you purchase. How can you blame them when you were the one who didn't check if the CPU was supported in the motherboard? It seems to me that you overlooked something that you shouldn't have. I wouldn't buy a board that said Pentium ready and just assume that anything from the Pentium to the Pentium 4 would be compatible. I would make sure my specific CPU is compatible. Along with that I would also check what future CPU's it would support.

I have only bought one ECS board, and I'm very happy with it. The ECS K7S5A.

<font color=red>God</font color=red> <font color=blue>Bless</font color=blue> <font color=red>America!</font color=red>