The Carphone What?!

Has anyone got any thoughts on CPW repair costs? A friend took an 8890 to
the Carphone Warehouse at the Fort Shopping Centre in Birmingham to have the
LCD replaced.

The sales guy took it to the repair techs and came back looking somewhat
embarrassed - not surprising when he said the cost would be £75 - yes that's
seventy five pounds.

Naturally, he thought he'd misheard, but the assistant repeated the figure.
Is this some kind of record charge for a five minute job with a T6 ?

Certainly put me off ever going to CPW - but this might be a one-off. I'd be
interested to know how their repair charges usually compare.

Thanks

Steve
4 answers Last reply
More about carphone what

    "newsonline" <newsonline@ZAPSPAMblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Has anyone got any thoughts on CPW repair costs? A friend took an 8890 to
    > the Carphone Warehouse at the Fort Shopping Centre in Birmingham to have
    the
    > LCD replaced.
    >
    > The sales guy took it to the repair techs and came back looking somewhat
    > embarrassed - not surprising when he said the cost would be £75 - yes
    that's
    > seventy five pounds.
    >
    > Naturally, he thought he'd misheard, but the assistant repeated the
    figure.
    > Is this some kind of record charge for a five minute job with a T6 ?
    >
    > Certainly put me off ever going to CPW - but this might be a one-off. I'd
    be
    > interested to know how their repair charges usually compare.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Steve

    I took my 6820 to have a new screen/ cover to an independent nokia repairer
    in Newbury and that's what he charged me too..I wasn't too chuffed but I did
    break the phone not him..

    Remember the cost of him sitting there waiting for you to come in with your
    'effed phone has to be included too (plus his holiday,sickness, la de da...)

    cheers

    Richard

    r.bartlett wrote:

    > Remember the cost of him sitting there waiting for you to come in with your
    > 'effed phone has to be included too (plus his holiday,sickness, la de da...)

    If he charged less he may be a little more busy. It's still a rip off.

    --
    drbob

    OE Users - check this out!

    U mite as well buy a new phone

    --
    7250i

    "drbob" <drbob@spamblock.gmx.co.uk> wrote in message
    > r.bartlett wrote:
    >

    > > Remember the cost of him sitting there waiting for you to come in with
    your
    > > 'effed phone has to be included too (plus his holiday,sickness, la de
    da...)

    > If he charged less he may be a little more busy. It's still a rip off.
    >
    > --
    > drbob
    >
    > OE Users - check this out!

    Good to hear I'm not alone in thinking that £75 is way too high a cost for a
    monochrome LCD change. Apparently, the CPW head office was contacted and a
    manager said that the cost should have been £30 inc VAT. The Birmingham Fort
    branch just didn't know that. I wonder how many repairs they've done where
    they've undercharged by such a huge margin? They didn't even offer to do the
    repair at cost price as a gesture of good will. It's certainly put me off
    dealing with them when my current contract's up.

    Steve

Nokia