- Some gaming. Skyrim, Mass effect, Dawn of War 2 and some other older games that I missed over the years. I'd be playing at 1080P. Ultra settings are not necessary, but high would be good. For more demanding games, even medium would be acceptable.
- mostly browsing, office, some light photo editing.
- I'd prefer for a PC to be as quiet as possible when doing undemanding tasks.
- viewing angles in a monitor are important, which is why I would like IPS. Unfortunately, they are expensive. Is this cheap LG any good? At most, I could stretch my monitor budget to 200$.
- Unfortunately, looks are important. So I'd like a slim chiclet wireless keyboard. Is RF radio better than bluetooth? Microsoft touch mouse and logitech K360 keyboard seem to be good choices for me.
What I know:
- I will definitely go with the Silverstone SG06 450W case
- I will also go with a low TDP i3 haswell model, since AMD does not offer processors comparable in TDP spec. I don't really know why I want that low TDP. I'm just OCD in that regard, since I know that CPU is not the THAT important in gaming.
- GPU will be something in 150-200$ price range, and with comparable performance to 7850, or better.
- I will not be getting an optical drive. I hate those, really hate.
- OS of choice will be W8.
- I will also get an SSD 80GB if I can stretch my budget.
What I need help with:
- what is the best way to implement a bluetooth in my PC? I would like to avoid a dongle. I thought there would be a MBO with it, but there is not. Also wifi? Does that come with a chipset/CPU/something else? Or do I need to buy a separate wireless card?
- what's the deal with switchable graphics? For example, if I'm watching a 1080P youtube clip, I would prefer if iGPU would handle this. Does an intel CPU and AMD GPU allow this?
- do mini-ITX boards with two memory slots all have dual channel support?
- I will need a MBO with 1150 socket with USB 3.0 support. Do I need to pay attention to anything else?
- how much of a difference would it make performance wise if i used WD Caviar GREEN instead of BLUE? I'm not worried about power, but noise. Is BLUE audible? Does GREEN really spins between 5400 and 7200, depending on usage?