Will a Gigabyte HD 7770 OC cut it??

hey, im going to be upgrading my computers GPU soon and have been trying to find a card that will suit my gaming needs. More than anything i would like a card that would let me run Skyrim prefferably on ultra graphics at a decent frame rate but id settle for high.

so my question to you fine fine people here is; would i be able to do this with a 'Gigabyte HD 7770 OC' GPU? My rig as it stands has an AMD bulldozer quad core 4.2GHZ CPU, 8GB DDR3 RAM and a 500W PSU.

ive tried to find out the information myself but couldnt find anything that explained what i needed to know in laymans terms, so any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you :)
8 answers Last reply
More about will gigabyte 7770
  1. What is your budget for a video card upgrade? Also, what resolution do you plan to game at?
  2. its no more than £100 realy :/ thats why im having a problem finding a card good enough. and id be playing at 1080p
  3. The HD7770 would be a good choice then (given your budget). Running at high settings shouldn't be a problem.
  4. Yes if your gaming on 19 inch screen & below

for 21 inch to 23 inch screens get the 7850
  5. great i will be gaming on a 19 inch :). and the card comes with a copy of far cry 3, i doubt id be able to run that on high graphics though right?
  6. glitch19 said:
    Yes if your gaming on 19 inch screen & below

for 21 inch to 23 inch screens get the 7850

If the resolution is the same, what does a bigger screen have to do with it?>
  7. getochkn said:
    If the resolution is the same, what does a bigger screen have to do with it?>

I think glitch is playing with us.
  8. Size of screen has nothing to do with resolution and vice versa. The issue is how many pixels must be manipulated, so resolution is the factor to be concerned with.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics