ice_demon

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013
Hi,

I'm planing to buy a new PC for let's say %60 editing and %40 gaming. I made a list of the parts for my budget. Please, tell me your opinions.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K
Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LE PLUS or ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ???
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB(2x8GB) DDR3 1600Mhz CL9
GPU: MSI Twin Frozr III GTX660 or Sapphire HD7870 O.C. ??? This is the hardest part :(

I'm planing to buy both an SSD and HDD. I made up my mind for the rest of the build.

During my research on the internet, i7 3770K is the best for editing, a little bit pricey but I think it's worth it.

For motherboard, ASRock is looking great but I don't know the brand. I need to consider upgrade and sli.

16GB Corsair Vengeance should be enough for my needs.

Finally, I really want to use CUDA features for editing, so I looked up ASUS Nvidia cards. But, they are pricey. Then, I change my mind thinking about gaming and choose Sapphire HD7870 O.C. When I have thought it's the right choice because of the price and the performance, I saw MSI Twin Frozr III GTX660, it got me where I was at start. Hardest part is choosing the GPU.

Now the question, Is Sapphire HD7870 O.C. better than MSI Twin Frozr III GTX660 in gaming? If they are close at gaming, I will buy MSI. Otherwise, I'll forget about CUDA because Sapphire HD7870 O.C. wouldn't be slow in editing.

Thanks for the comments.