6230 and nokia suite

Last response: in Brands
Share
March 25, 2005 1:46:13 PM

yo

i've got a 6230 and a bluetooth dongle. i just wanted to know, do u have to
pair yor fone to yor dongle every time u want to use it?

cos everytime i try to connect, i have to pair it again. and then when i do,
i enter the correct passcode on my fone, and the program sort of crashes.
e.g. it says the connection werent made, but on the fone it was made. then
when i open nokia suite again, it connects automatically. but thats after
waiting 5 mins for the program to say that theres an error.

devin

More about : 6230 nokia suite

March 25, 2005 2:54:15 PM

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 10:46:13 +0000, DP wrote:

> yo
>
> i've got a 6230 and a bluetooth dongle. i just wanted to know, do u have to
> pair yor fone to yor dongle every time u want to use it?

No. but my connection is a bit erratic sometimes. seem to have more
success with the cable once windows has installed all the devices for
the phone.

am
March 25, 2005 4:41:47 PM

DP wrote:
> i enter the correct passcode on my fone,

BTW, what is the passcode one needs to enter? Is it the code needed to
start the phone?...???
Related resources
March 25, 2005 8:15:47 PM

no, its to pair the 2 together. e.g. 123

devin

"Michel" <proximages.sofitel@pas-spam.wanadoo.fr> wrote in message
> DP wrote:
> > i enter the correct passcode on my fone,
>
> BTW, what is the passcode one needs to enter? Is it the code needed to
> start the phone?...???
March 25, 2005 10:33:36 PM

DP wrote:
> no, its to pair the 2 together. e.g. 123
>
> devin

Yes, I've actually succeeded in connecting, pairing and all. Now it's
transferring photos from the phone to the PC that's not happening!??!!
Thanks for your answer Devin!! :-)
Anonymous
March 27, 2005 9:08:59 PM

Hey!

What's the firmware version on your 6230? Type *#0000# this should give
you the version. If its anything lower than 5.24, then transferring
files (or photos) using Bluetooth is a pain, the firmware crashes and
restarts the phone.

Otherwise, its a simple copy-paste operation that should let you move
files using the Nokia Phone Browser.

Achint

--
chintz
March 29, 2005 1:20:28 PM

chintz <chintz.1mkb6a@WiFi-Forum_dot_com> wrote in news:chintz.1mkb6a@WiFi-
Forum_dot_com:

> Hey!
>
> What's the firmware version on your 6230? Type *#0000# this should give
> you the version. If its anything lower than 5.24, then transferring
> files (or photos) using Bluetooth is a pain, the firmware crashes and
> restarts the phone.

It's 4.44, but I've managed so far to make it work properly!
Transfers are indeed copy/paste!!! :-)
!