6230 and nokia suite

yo

i've got a 6230 and a bluetooth dongle. i just wanted to know, do u have to
pair yor fone to yor dongle every time u want to use it?

cos everytime i try to connect, i have to pair it again. and then when i do,
i enter the correct passcode on my fone, and the program sort of crashes.
e.g. it says the connection werent made, but on the fone it was made. then
when i open nokia suite again, it connects automatically. but thats after
waiting 5 mins for the program to say that theres an error.

devin
6 answers Last reply
More about 6230 nokia suite

    On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 10:46:13 +0000, DP wrote:

    > yo
    >
    > i've got a 6230 and a bluetooth dongle. i just wanted to know, do u have to
    > pair yor fone to yor dongle every time u want to use it?

    No. but my connection is a bit erratic sometimes. seem to have more
    success with the cable once windows has installed all the devices for
    the phone.

    am

    DP wrote:
    > i enter the correct passcode on my fone,

    BTW, what is the passcode one needs to enter? Is it the code needed to
    start the phone?...???

    no, its to pair the 2 together. e.g. 123

    devin

    DP wrote:
    > no, its to pair the 2 together. e.g. 123
    >
    > devin

    Yes, I've actually succeeded in connecting, pairing and all. Now it's
    transferring photos from the phone to the PC that's not happening!??!!
    Thanks for your answer Devin!! :-)

    Hey!

    What's the firmware version on your 6230? Type *#0000# this should give
    you the version. If its anything lower than 5.24, then transferring
    files (or photos) using Bluetooth is a pain, the firmware crashes and
    restarts the phone.

    Otherwise, its a simple copy-paste operation that should let you move
    files using the Nokia Phone Browser.

    Achint

    --
    chintz

    chintz <chintz.1mkb6a@WiFi-Forum_dot_com> wrote in news:chintz.1mkb6a@WiFi-
    Forum_dot_com:

    > Hey!
    >
    > What's the firmware version on your 6230? Type *#0000# this should give
    > you the version. If its anything lower than 5.24, then transferring
    > files (or photos) using Bluetooth is a pain, the firmware crashes and
    > restarts the phone.

    It's 4.44, but I've managed so far to make it work properly!
    Transfers are indeed copy/paste!!! :-)

Nokia Connection Bluetooth