Sign in with
Your question

Help with a GPU

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 5, 2012 6:04:02 PM

I am about to build a new computer and was looking at the graphics card I was going to buy (http://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-video-card-02gp43662k...) when I noticed it doesnt have a VGA port to connect to my monitor. I did notice two other connectors on it though, which I believe are DVI connectors, I looked on the back of my monitor and it does have a DVI port. This may be a really simple question, but I just wanted to make sure that I could connect the graphics card to the monitor via the DVI port?

More about : gpu

December 5, 2012 6:08:44 PM

Actually Im not sure what I have..when you go to the link and view the picture that shows the different ports on the back..I have the port on the bottom right. I thought that was DVI but Im not sure
m
l
December 5, 2012 6:32:46 PM

Hi

The bottom right port would be a DVI port, you can easily purchase a DVI to DVI cable and connect your monitor straight to the card, and it will work perfectly ;) 

best of luck!
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
December 5, 2012 6:43:24 PM

Yes that card should have all the ports you need, from what I can see it has:

1 x single-link DVI (up to 1920 x 1200, standard DVI cable)
1 x dual-link DVI (for resolutions above 1920 x 1200, also requires a dual-link cable)
1 x HDMI
1 x displayport

All these outputs will give you a superior image quality compared to VGA, nobody uses VGA anymore unless you have a very old PC or monitor.
m
l
December 6, 2012 1:28:11 AM

Thanks so much guys! Which type of connection will give me the best resolution and is overall best to use for a better picture?
m
l
!