How to delete os installed on other drive with drive being full

sagarsg

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012
Hello,
I've installed vista on d :drive and win 7 on C:drive want to delete vista from d :drive without deleting other data(don't want to format)

Solution

If I understand you correctly. You have a dual boot of Windows Vista and Windows 7? Windows 7 is your primary boot partition and Windows Vista is the secondary boot partition?

What other data are you referring to? If you have data you would like to save on drive D:, copy and paste the data onto drive C: or sync the data between to the two Operateing systems.

I can help but I need a little more information about your windows Configuration.

JRock247

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011
You can do a disc cleanup and when it finishes searching, you can select 'Clean up System Files' and it will search for an old Windows installations that are not in use and remove the files. You could prob just delete the windows folder but I prefer doing it this way.

Hope it helps.

ziuus1

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010

If I understand you correctly. You have a dual boot of Windows Vista and Windows 7? Windows 7 is your primary boot partition and Windows Vista is the secondary boot partition?

What other data are you referring to? If you have data you would like to save on drive D:, copy and paste the data onto drive C: or sync the data between to the two Operateing systems.

I can help but I need a little more information about your windows Configuration.

Solution

sagarsg

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012
Thanks for ur answer ,i have tried deleting windows folder from d-drive but i couldn't delete, whenever i tried to delete it system would pop up a window saying you cant delete this file with .dll extensions. so i searched on net for a software (File Shredder) to delete this files and i downloaded it and installed on win 7 and deleted windows folder and it worked.
I dont wanted to format that drive because that drive was full upto 150gb and i couldnt move my this data.so i wanted to delete windows folder only from that drive.
any ways thanks for ur valuable suggestions .......... :)

sagarsg

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012

Thanks buddy actually i tried it in a different way.