CDR Robot Backup solution

G

Hi,

My company is looking for a new archive solution over the network. What they have in mind is a cdr robot device with 2 to 4 cdr device attached to it. The robot would have to be able to load and unload the cd media. Like a tape backup robot we would like to be able to access this device over the network to give him jobs. The data that will be burned will come from the network too, specifically from the users home folder. We want to give them the ability to bypass the quota of there disk.

Does such device exist ?

Thanks in advance for your kind help

G

I think the closest you might come is a device used more for in house automated cd-r duplication/production. So they work more like sending it an image and how many copies needed, and it burns them. That would probobly be fine for a back up situation, but the "We want to give them the ability to bypass the quota of there disk" line in your post leads me to think it's not just back ups. Not sure if they can be set up to to do what you need, but search the web for a manufacturer and ask. Note most of these also have printers to print on the label side of a disk.

You might also want to consider that these types of set ups cost several thousand, that's enough to buy about a TB of HD space.