Sign in with
Your question
Closed

660 or 660 ti and msi or EVGA

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 5, 2012 8:45:28 PM

Cant decide which graphics card i should get because money will make a bit of a difference. the games i play are not completely gpu intensive but still take a pretty powerful card and processor (which i do have) like planetside 2 so please help me decide whether i should buy the ti or non ti and if i should get msi or evga

More about : 660 660 msi evga

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
December 5, 2012 8:57:46 PM

jchristensen328 said:
Cant decide which graphics card i should get because money will make a bit of a difference. the games i play are not completely gpu intensive but still take a pretty powerful card and processor (which i do have) like planetside 2 so please help me decide whether i should buy the ti or non ti and if i should get msi or evga

There's not really any noticeable performance increase as they use the same of everything besides the design of the cooling and overall look of the card. There's a slight better improvement over the overclocked editions but none that would to noticeable. If your planning on overclocking then I would go with MSI, if not just stick the with OC version of EVGA and leave it at that. Theres actually a slight increase in performance between the Non Ti and Ti versions. So if your a heavy gamer go with the Ti. Here are the benchmarks between the 2.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/660?vs=647

MSI 660 Ti:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

EVGA 660 Ti:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Related resources
a b Î Nvidia
a b U Graphics card
December 5, 2012 9:00:00 PM

I was gonna +1 that until the 'huge increase' bit... you started by saying not any noticeable performance increase? First statement is correct - you're looking at an average gain of 10% tops. So moving from 30fps up to 33fps. I'd stick with the GTX660.
Score
a b U Graphics card
December 5, 2012 9:01:21 PM

sam_p_lay said:
I was gonna +1 that until the 'huge increase' bit... you started by saying not any noticeable performance increase? First statement is correct - you're looking at an average gain of 10% tops. So moving from 30fps up to 33fps. I'd stick with the GTX660.

I actually meant to say slight, and I didnt even realize I said that until you pointed it out, as I'm in skype with some friends and there talking to me about other cards and components I lost track of what I was going to say. Sorry man! And I was referring to the performance increase of the "NON" Ti version over the Ti.
Score
a b Î Nvidia
a b U Graphics card
December 5, 2012 9:03:27 PM

Haha cool :-) OP, what country are you in? Warranty terms vary depending on where you are, but here, EVGA offer the absolute best warranties. Maybe something to keep in mind. My card just died - had a two year warranty which expired just a few months ago. With EVGA you get five or ten years (but check for your country) when you register your details after purchase.
Score
December 5, 2012 9:09:54 PM

i live in the United States and thank you everyone for all the help going with the GTX 660 because there isn't much performance increase between the two. Thanks again!
Score
December 5, 2012 9:28:34 PM

Best answer selected by jchristensen328.
Score
!