Closed Solved

AMD Sapphire 7850 that I bought discontinued??

I bought this AMD Shapphire 7850 for my first build back in August and I was showing a friend what I had in my system the other day and found out it was discontinued??
The link is here -> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102986

And they have a different one up instead
The link is here -> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202004
Or this link here -> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102999
Mine has the non working lights (They were never meant too) in the corner like the one in the first link has.


Why was it discontinued and replaced with this new one? Was something wrong with the cards or something? Is this newer one better in performance? This is going to be a bummer if I ever have a problem with my card before the warranty runs out and i need a replacement.
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about sapphire 7850 bought discontinued
  1. whoohoo :x?? Anyone?
  2. Best answer
    Sadtrial said:
    I bought this AMD Shapphire 7850 for my first build back in August and I was showing a friend what I had in my system the other day and found out it was discontinued??
    The link is here -> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102986

    And they have a different one up instead
    The link is here -> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202004
    Or this link here -> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102999
    Mine has the non working lights (They were never meant too) in the corner like the one in the first link has.


    Why was it discontinued and replaced with this new one? Was something wrong with the cards or something? Is this newer one better in performance? This is going to be a bummer if I ever have a problem with my card before the warranty runs out and i need a replacement.


    This happens all the time n not just Sapphire - The GPU suppliers continually tweak their products.

    Tom
  3. There's not always really a reason, they probably just want it to look better, look at the MSI TWIN FRZR's theres 3 or 4 different version, they all perform the same, the newer ones just look different.
  4. toyftw said:
    This happens all the time n not just Sapphire - The GPU suppliers continually tweak their products.

    Tom

    Thank you
  5. Best answer selected by sadtrial.
  6. mace200200 said:
    There's not always really a reason, they probably just want it to look better, look at the MSI TWIN FRZR's theres 3 or 4 different version, they all perform the same, the newer ones just look different.

    thanks :)
  7. Sadtrial said:
    Thank you


    I have a Sapphire also and am really happy with it. I'm sure it will be
    tweaked (if not already) as well.

    Good luck with your card
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards AMD Sapphire Graphics Product