Solved

2 build options, wich one to choose?

hey I'm builing a new pc and thanks to a previous thread I now have a plan set up for my new pc however, I made another one, wich is a little bit more expensive but features an SSD. The point is: I can't choose so I'm posting it here so you guys can say wich one you like better, and why :)

build #1:
MOBO: Asrock z77 extreme 4
CPU: Intel 2500K
GPU: Asus GTX 660 Ti DCII TOP
PSU: corsair GS700
RAM: corsair Vengeance BLUE,1600,8GB
HDD: Hitachi 7K1000.C 500GB
SSD: OCZ AGILITY 3 180GB
ODD: LG DVR DL 22X, SATA
case: Zalman Z11 PLUS
€985,68
OR

build #2:
MOBO: Asrock Z77 Extreme4
CPU: Intel 3570K
GPU: EVGA GTX 670 FTW
PSU: Corsair GS700
RAM: Corsair Vengeance BLUE,2133-8GB LP
HDD: Seagate barracuda 1TB
ODD: LG DVR DL 22X, SATA
case: Zalman Z11 PLUS
€970,85
additional info: I'm from the Netherlands (not sure why you'd need to know, but just in case :) )
thanks!
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about build options wich choose
  1. Get build 2. Get normal 8gb 1600mhz ram and use the left overs for an SSD. The ram speed won't really make any difference.
  2. Best answer
    I would go with build two and, this is just personal preference, I would go with a Western Digital HDD. Since you included a 670 and a 660ti, I am assuming that its a gaming build; an ssd won't help with FPS. If you are overclocking, and since you have a 3570k I am assuming you are, you also need a better CPU cooler; It will also decrease the noise.
  3. Best answer selected by toine777.
  4. William_White said:
    I would go with build two and, this is just personal preference, I would go with a Western Digital HDD. Since you included a 670 and a 660ti, I am assuming that its a gaming build; an ssd won't help with FPS. If you are overclocking, and since you have a 3570k I am assuming you are, you also need a better CPU cooler; It will also decrease the noise.

okay thanks for the info, it's indeed for gaming and for the overclocking i'm probably getting a mugen 3 PCGH edition :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Corsair Systems