Gravis Gamepad Pro

January 3, 2005 8:39:07 PM

Hi,
I'm running a USB gravis gamepad pro in Windows XP Pro. The keyboard
emulation software (Xperience 4.5)ran fine under SP1, since I've updated to
SP2 the software doesn't load the individual keystrokes for each game, it
loads the "ALL OTHER GAMES" keystrokes for every game.
From what I understand, there maybe some service or something preventing the
software from seeing each game executable being evoked, thus preventing the
keystrokes being loaded. I've uninstalled, and reinstalled the "Xperience"
software, with the same results. HELP!!!

More about : gravis gamepad pro

January 3, 2005 9:09:01 PM

Ok I found the answer to my problem...I had Nero 6.6 installed, with all it's
goodies. Either "InCD", "Nero mix", or "Photoshow express" was running the
offending service.

"Pat" wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm running a USB gravis gamepad pro in Windows XP Pro. The keyboard
> emulation software (Xperience 4.5)ran fine under SP1, since I've updated to
> SP2 the software doesn't load the individual keystrokes for each game, it
> loads the "ALL OTHER GAMES" keystrokes for every game.
> From what I understand, there maybe some service or something preventing the
> software from seeing each game executable being evoked, thus preventing the
> keystrokes being loaded. I've uninstalled, and reinstalled the "Xperience"
> software, with the same results. HELP!!!
Anonymous
January 4, 2005 12:29:43 AM

Good find Pat, and thanks for sharing the solution with us. :-)

Cheers,
Jimmy.

"Pat" <Pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B6EEC8D6-1670-4C81-A979-6C45806D1541@microsoft.com...
> Ok I found the answer to my problem...I had Nero 6.6 installed, with all it's
> goodies. Either "InCD", "Nero mix", or "Photoshow express" was running the
> offending service.
>

> "Pat" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I'm running a USB gravis gamepad pro in Windows XP Pro. The keyboard
>> emulation software (Xperience 4.5)ran fine under SP1, since I've updated to
>> SP2 the software doesn't load the individual keystrokes for each game, it
>> loads the "ALL OTHER GAMES" keystrokes for every game.
>> From what I understand, there maybe some service or something preventing the
>> software from seeing each game executable being evoked, thus preventing the
>> keystrokes being loaded. I've uninstalled, and reinstalled the "Xperience"
>> software, with the same results. HELP!!!
January 4, 2005 9:17:02 AM

Hey there's more...
took my laptop over to my girlfriend's house, and it did it again. Turns out
the network monitor (put's the active network service icon next to the time
on the task bar) also has an effect on it too, when disconnected from the
network.
I disabled the connection, and it worked fine again. The "extra" nero
software did have the innitial effect though.

!