• Wireless
  • Keyboards
  • Logitech
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
January 20, 2013 7:23:59 PM

Hello..

Whats a good keyboard to get under $100

Just want keys that don't sound loud when you press on them.

I recently bought a logitech k750 solar keyboard and that didn't work for me at all I don't know why. So I'm not sure on the wireless.

Thanks

More about : purchasing keyboard

a b B Homebuilt system
January 20, 2013 8:58:49 PM

So, what's your problem with the logitech? You don't like the keys or is it that it doesn't work? Maybe we can help you with that, if you post a little more details?
m
l
January 20, 2013 9:11:20 PM

Are you looking at dome or mechanical? Honestly if you are going to spend 80-90 dollars on a keyboard, it better be mechanical. Like noidea said, need more details here.
m
l
Related resources
January 20, 2013 9:24:54 PM

nawit said:
Are you looking at dome or mechanical? Honestly if you are going to spend 80-90 dollars on a keyboard, it better be mechanical. Like noidea said, need more details here.

To be fair, TS mentioned that he doesn't want to hear the keys being pressed which I'd guess would rule any mechanical keyboards right out.
m
l
January 20, 2013 9:29:18 PM

Crackadamus said:
To be fair, TS mentioned that he doesn't want to hear the keys being pressed which I'd guess would rule any mechanical keyboards right out.

There are some mechanical switches that do not make noise. A friend of mine uses cherry mx reds and modded them with these rubber rings under them to reduce the sound of them bottoming out. The only real noise you hear in reds is the bottoming out of the keys. If the OP was interested, he could get Reds with the mod. Otherwise, go buy a dell membrane board for like 20 dollars. Unless you want some perks like backlit keys. It really all depends on what OP is looking for.
m
l
January 20, 2013 9:30:58 PM

i agree with everyone else if your not buying a mechanical keyboard don't waste your money.
m
l
January 20, 2013 10:45:25 PM

Yeah I tried 2 k750 solar keyboards and both of them didn't work. I called logitech and they couldn't help me. I looked online to see if anyone had the same problem, couldn't find anything. my friend had trouble getting the solar app to work but all he did was uninstall and re-installed and it worked just fine. For me not so much. I was hoping it was gonna work getting a new one maybe thinking it was just a bad keyboard. but not. now i'm thinking its my computer.

But ok say I do get a mechanical. which would be best? it doesn't have to have a screen. im not gonna be looking at it. i was at best buy the other day and I checked out the Razer - BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 Elite Mechanical and when I pressed on the keys it sounds like morse code.

m
l
January 20, 2013 10:50:28 PM

Well you said you don't want loud keys. Is that a major concern? If not I would look up a couple different videos on youtube to see the different switch types. Main ones are Cherry mx red, blue, brown, and brown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKu2Y43qDbk Heres a video that shows the difference. Once you pick a switch type, we can move on from there.
m
l
January 21, 2013 4:49:14 AM

personally i prefer blues i like the tactile feedback they offer,but they are much louder than others.
m
l

Best solution

a b B Homebuilt system
January 21, 2013 4:55:45 AM

If you want something that looks awesome, just check out the Razer range on newegg
January 21, 2013 5:27:25 AM

Best answer selected by Mbernardo.
m
l
!