Purchasing a keyboard

Mbernardo

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
Hello..

Whats a good keyboard to get under $100

Just want keys that don't sound loud when you press on them.

I recently bought a logitech k750 solar keyboard and that didn't work for me at all I don't know why. So I'm not sure on the wireless.

Thanks

nawit

Honorable
Dec 21, 2012
Are you looking at dome or mechanical? Honestly if you are going to spend 80-90 dollars on a keyboard, it better be mechanical. Like noidea said, need more details here.

Crackadamus

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013

To be fair, TS mentioned that he doesn't want to hear the keys being pressed which I'd guess would rule any mechanical keyboards right out.

nawit

Honorable
Dec 21, 2012

There are some mechanical switches that do not make noise. A friend of mine uses cherry mx reds and modded them with these rubber rings under them to reduce the sound of them bottoming out. The only real noise you hear in reds is the bottoming out of the keys. If the OP was interested, he could get Reds with the mod. Otherwise, go buy a dell membrane board for like 20 dollars. Unless you want some perks like backlit keys. It really all depends on what OP is looking for.

Mbernardo

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
Yeah I tried 2 k750 solar keyboards and both of them didn't work. I called logitech and they couldn't help me. I looked online to see if anyone had the same problem, couldn't find anything. my friend had trouble getting the solar app to work but all he did was uninstall and re-installed and it worked just fine. For me not so much. I was hoping it was gonna work getting a new one maybe thinking it was just a bad keyboard. but not. now i'm thinking its my computer.

But ok say I do get a mechanical. which would be best? it doesn't have to have a screen. im not gonna be looking at it. i was at best buy the other day and I checked out the Razer - BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 Elite Mechanical and when I pressed on the keys it sounds like morse code.