Anonymous
December 5, 2012 10:58:37 PM

Ok I have recently built a new set up..

asus p8z77 V LX
corsair cx750w
16 gb kingston hyper-X 1600mhz
evga geforce gtx 660 ti ftw signature 2
i5 3570k @ 4.7 ghz

I am feeding this HDMI from my graphics card to my t.v which is a 32 inch samsung full hd 60 hz @ 1900x1080p

SO... the question I wanted to ask is does this mean I will never see frame rates over 60fps even if the games I play are running higher?

if so does this mean I should turn v-sync on with every game I play or would the games be smoother with V-sync turned off?

So to round it up, on my system with V-sync turned ON will my games be smoother or should I leave it off?

thanks in advance to anybody who can give me an answer.

More about : fps max 60hz

December 5, 2012 11:04:22 PM

I would leave it off unless you have screen tearing issues. There's no reason to turn V-sync on unless you have screen issues because you will lose FPS.
Anonymous
December 5, 2012 11:05:54 PM

Ok thanks.. so for smoother gameplay in BF3, dayZ etc I should leave it off>? I'd rather have smoother gameplay then fps of 70/80 just to boost my ego.
Related resources
a b Î Nvidia
December 5, 2012 11:09:20 PM

samuelspark said:
There's no reason to turn V-sync on unless you have screen issues because you will lose FPS.

reduced noise comes to mind... (gpu doesnt need to work so hard -> lower load-> less heat)

and with tripple buffering theres no loss in perceived performance either and no tearing... (thou only on open-gl natively, can be forced for dx titles)
December 5, 2012 11:22:37 PM

Quote:
Ok thanks.. so for smoother gameplay in BF3, dayZ etc I should leave it off>? I'd rather have smoother gameplay then fps of 70/80 just to boost my ego.

Yes. There's no reason to keep it on.
December 5, 2012 11:24:26 PM

If you use V-sync, the frame rate of the rendering engine will be equals the monitor's refresh rate, in your case 60.

When V-sync is turned on it will prevent the video card from doing its job to the display memory until after the monitor finishes its current refresh cycle.

So, if you are not experimenting any visual artifact in video display, then leave V-sync off.
Anonymous
December 5, 2012 11:48:18 PM

Thanks alot guys, much appreciated.
!