December 5, 2012 11:14:43 PM

So my system currently is this:
Studio 540
Windows 7 Home Premium
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz, 2833 Mhz
8 GB Memory
XFX R6670 Core Edition
450 Watt Power Supply

Mainly it's for playing Skyrim, and I'd like to have some wiggle room when it comes to modding. Currently, I don't.
Overclocking anything is not an option. It's not just my computer and while the others don't care what I do with it as far as gutting it and getting new stuff, I can't overclock anything. I have a full HD monitor, usually running at 1920 x 1080.

I also play WoW, Diablo III, and will be getting Battlefield 3 soon.

Like I said, I have about $300 to invest in this. I'd like to be able to run Skyrim on Ultra at 1920 x 1080 on a Dell HD monitor. Like, 23 inches. I'm not playing on a full sized tv or anything.

So what are my options? I'm expecting to have to buy a new Power Supply and graphics card, but I'm not sure what the best combination would be.
Related resources
December 5, 2012 11:30:28 PM

Those both look like really good options. Now to figure out which one will be better...
a b U Graphics card
December 5, 2012 11:33:58 PM

the 7870 samuel posted its better than the one i posted and its within your budget, but i would rather go for the corsair power supply. anyway both are nice options n.n
December 5, 2012 11:37:14 PM

That is what I was thinking. I was just trying to figure out if there was any difference between the Power supplies.

Thanks to both of you. I appreciate the help.
a b U Graphics card
December 6, 2012 12:00:12 AM

rjmj777 said:
That is what I was thinking. I was just trying to figure out if there was any difference between the Power supplies.

Thanks to both of you. I appreciate the help.

They're both about the same quality. Builder Series Corsair are average.
!