Looking to Upgrade 450w Power Supply and R6670 GPU, $300 budget

So my system currently is this:
Studio 540
Windows 7 Home Premium
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz, 2833 Mhz
8 GB Memory
XFX R6670 Core Edition
450 Watt Power Supply

Mainly it's for playing Skyrim, and I'd like to have some wiggle room when it comes to modding. Currently, I don't.
Overclocking anything is not an option. It's not just my computer and while the others don't care what I do with it as far as gutting it and getting new stuff, I can't overclock anything. I have a full HD monitor, usually running at 1920 x 1080.

I also play WoW, Diablo III, and will be getting Battlefield 3 soon.

Like I said, I have about $300 to invest in this. I'd like to be able to run Skyrim on Ultra at 1920 x 1080 on a Dell HD monitor. Like, 23 inches. I'm not playing on a full sized tv or anything.

So what are my options? I'm expecting to have to buy a new Power Supply and graphics card, but I'm not sure what the best combination would be.
6 answers Last reply
More about looking upgrade 450w power supply r6670 budget
  1. Those both look like really good options. Now to figure out which one will be better...
  2. the 7870 samuel posted its better than the one i posted and its within your budget, but i would rather go for the corsair power supply. anyway both are nice options n.n
  3. That is what I was thinking. I was just trying to figure out if there was any difference between the Power supplies.

Thanks to both of you. I appreciate the help.
  4. rjmj777 said:
    That is what I was thinking. I was just trying to figure out if there was any difference between the Power supplies.

Thanks to both of you. I appreciate the help.

They're both about the same quality. Builder Series Corsair are average.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics Product