More proof Audigy reaks with stinkiosity!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Take a look at this respose curve:
<A HREF="http://www6.tomshardware.com/video/02q1/020115/terratec-09.html#converter_quality_benchmarks" target="_new">http://www6.tomshardware.com/video/02q1/020115/terratec-09.html#converter_quality_benchmarks</A> Assuming the Live was as bad or worse, this is objective proof to my subjective claims that the Live did not have good sound quality.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

FatBurger

Illustrious
I was thinking the same thing. Remember the last Audigy review, where the author praised the frequency response? Too bad, the other sound card review he did (roundup) was very good.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You can see that a fairly hard subbass hit is followed by a fairly soft midbass response. I guess if all you listen to is RAP-wait, no, rap uses midbass too.

arsend

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2001
This is a professional qualit card, not mainstream. It would be nice to see figuires from other mainstream cards. Oh, I will Agree that the Non-Audigy card is much better sounding and has better recording capabilities.

If it works for you then don't fix it.

FatBurger

Illustrious
The Audigy is a professional card, you say?

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I think what he was trying to say is that the nice flat curve it was compared to came from a professional level card, and that he wished previous comparisons would have used a similar testing method so that he would have a frame of reference.

FatBurger

Illustrious
Ah, I think you're right. It WOULD be nice to see them test the frequency response on other cards. Maybe I'll grab the same program and test my GTXP.