Closed

Never had this problem before...

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Asus
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 6, 2012 12:39:56 AM

So I just installed the MSI 990FXA-GD65 to replace my ASUS M4A88T-V EVO/USB3 due to the fact that the ASUS didn't accept SLI compatibilities. I installed the MSI mobo as I were to do with the ASUS with a few different plug-ins, but didn't have any issues through the process. I've added TWO Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti with the SLI bridge. As soon as I turn on my computer my power supply's fan, CPU fan, 120 MM (1) fan and both Nvidia cards seem to be running, but no display.

Any suggestions folks?

More about : problem

a b U Graphics card
December 6, 2012 12:53:54 AM

I assume ur PSU have enough power and connectors for both of the cards.

Why don't u try with the single card first ?

On the side note, take out all ur ram and try it one by one.
Score
December 6, 2012 1:13:13 AM

Corsair 600 watt? Came with two 6 pin PCI-e connectors for one video card and used the two adapters that come with most video cards to connect the other card.

Did that and no luck. Removed one ram all ram. Used one video card two video cards didn't work. The fans just run....

I would check if the on board graphics to see if I can play around with the settings, but it doesn't come with one.
Score
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
December 6, 2012 1:26:03 AM

What cable r u using to connect to ur monitor (VGA,HDMI or DVI)

Is there anyway to test ur monitor or cable with other PC/notebook ? if you do, please test and make sure it's working fine.

If ur monitor is ok, try with just one card and use different ports on the card.
Score
a b U Graphics card
December 6, 2012 1:46:37 AM

600w may be a little weak for 2 560 ti's in SLI.
Score
December 6, 2012 2:03:33 AM

Using strictly DVI. I just plugged my xbox 360 (VGA) using an adapter to DVI and it works fine. Monitor is fairly new... HP 2009. Purchased it in 2010. Maybe a little old, lol.

@ss202sl wouldn't it still show a display even if its low?
Score

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
December 6, 2012 3:37:35 AM

OnlyMurmers said:
Using strictly DVI. I just plugged my xbox 360 (VGA) using an adapter to DVI and it works fine. Monitor is fairly new... HP 2009. Purchased it in 2010. Maybe a little old, lol.

@ss202sl wouldn't it still show a display even if its low?

In this case ur monitor and cables are out of the equation.

The reason that i've asked to test out with the single card is due to the fact that ur PSU +12V rail might not have enough juice to handle both cards. Since single card won't work, it should be something else.

It is a bit tedious and troublesome but if you don't want to RMA ur mobo or the new card yet, u better use back the old board to test each graphic cards again to ensure it is the mobo problem and not the card problem.

Crunch ur parts here and find out what is the wattage required http://www.extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.js....

It is always better to buy the PSU that have enough connections to handle 2 cards rather then relying on molux to pci-e adapter coz of the amp issues.

What is the speed of ur ram btw ? coz some mobo ( in my case is ASUS ) is selective about the rams when it is over 1600Mhz.
December 6, 2012 4:43:43 AM

GO FOR 1200WATT PSU
IT IS YOUR PSU ISSUE
Score
a b U Graphics card
December 6, 2012 7:13:33 AM

SUHAIL_70 said:
GO FOR 1200WATT PSU
IT IS YOUR PSU ISSUE

I would not recommend 1200W PSU unless he is doing triple or quad SLI because most of the modern PSU always perform the best efficiency on 50%~80% of the load, so, bigger doesn't mean better here.

1200W PSU will cost him more to buy + higher electricity bill since it's too much under loaded and fall out of the efficiency graph when the PC is in idle or most of the non gaming tasks.

If there is a plan to do do triple or quad SLI in future, it is worth the consideration.
Score
December 6, 2012 5:22:09 PM

I went to http://www.extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.js.... And the recommended PSU was was 528 and I have 600. I just remember my MSI motherboard is compatible with windows 7... I have widows 8...
Could this be the issue? My old motherboard was asus and I got this a year ago and it was still running fine with windows 8, but I was able to view both graphic cards but without the option to SLI.
Score
December 6, 2012 8:55:57 PM

I'm thinking its the motherboards fault here. Got it from tigerdirect while the box was OPEN... All fans seem to be running fine, but very quiet, no beeps to indicate the reason being. Can't even open up my Blu-Ray player. My ASUS motherboard was working perfectly fine three days ago, so I know it can't be the power supply, the vide cards, nor the monitor.
Score
December 8, 2012 12:19:53 AM

Best answer selected by OnlyMurmers.
Score
!