7 not going into Sleep Mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jungleexplorer

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2011
For some reason my computer has stopped going all the way into sleep mode. What I mean is this; my system will got to sleep to some extent but not all the way. The monitor will turn off, but the HDD and case fans stay on. It use to go all the way to sleep where all the fans would turn off (all my fans are connected to the motherboard fan controllers). Even the little power led light would go off. But I could still wake the system by pressing the enter key on my usb keyboard.

But now all it does is turn the monitor off. The power led light stays on and the fans all stay running. I did not make any changes to the power options to make this start happening. Does anyone have any knowledge about this?

System Info:

Case: Rosewill DESTROYER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower, 3 X 120mm blue LED fans.

MB: GIGABYTE GA-870A-UD3 AM3, USB 3.0, Sata 6Gb/s

CPU: Athlon II X4 640 Propus 3.0GHz

PSU: HEC HP585D 585W

RAM: 4GB G.SKILL DDR3 1333

GPU: Sparkle GeForce GTS 250 512MB

Monitor: Acer H233H 23 inch

Solution
Junglee,

Check and make sure that there isn't any new background task that is keeping your awake.

Have you made any bios changes or updates?

ziuus1

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010
Junglee,

Check and make sure that there isn't any new background task that is keeping your awake.

Have you made any bios changes or updates?

Solution

jungleexplorer

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2011
After this started to happen I did reset my BIOS using the Fail Safe and Optimized Defaults functions. Neither of the defaults worked in restoring my sleep mode function. I don't know if there are any background functions keeping it awake. Any suggestions on how to tell if this is what is going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.