Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

[SOLVED] AMD Graphics - Error Code 43

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
December 6, 2012 3:35:12 AM

Hi.

My Laptop: ACER Aspire 7750G
Video Card : AMD Radeon HD 6650M
OS: Windows 8

Recently, my laptop starting to have issues with the graphics card. This may not be relevant, but it started around when I installed Windows 8 on my laptop (legit copy).

In my Device Manger, on Display Adapters, there are two video cards.

1. Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 (Working fine, probably the on-board one, I think)

2. AMD Radeon 6600M and 6700M Series (Not Working, gives error : Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43))

I have tried to roll-back the driver, and update it via Device Manger, search online. I tried installing new drivers and the CCC from AMD website, but it always give me an error on it was unable to detect the graphics card.

Does anyone know what's wrong ? And the steps that I can take to fix it ?

Thanks.
December 6, 2012 4:07:38 AM

I forgot to mention that I'm running a 64 bit.

However, the problem still persists. After downloading and running the 64 bit AMD catalyst installer, I was given an error :

"AMD Catalyst Mobility cannot be downloaded due to incompatible hardware/software on your computer.

This version of your graphics adapter is not supported. "
m
0
l
Related resources
a b D Laptop
a c 85 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
December 6, 2012 4:13:38 AM

since this is a laptop go to acer to get the driver for this card
m
0
l
December 6, 2012 7:36:43 AM

Thanks scout_03 for the support.

I figured the solution to my problem.

It turns out that I either had a bad installation or a corrupt video system file. I only needed to do a full clean up uninstall on my AMD graphics card.

Here are my steps for future references:

1. Uninstall AMD drivers from Uninstall Wizard (not from Device Manger)
2. Download Driver Fusion, and select Delete on AMD.
3. Restart the PC. Go to Acer official website, and download the newest VGA driver.
m
0
l
a b D Laptop
a c 85 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
December 7, 2012 3:13:13 PM

that why for laptop or branded computer i always go to the maker first to get the driver.
m
0
l
April 12, 2013 6:14:15 AM

mrgooey said:
Thanks scout_03 for the support.

I figured the solution to my problem.

It turns out that I either had a bad installation or a corrupt video system file. I only needed to do a full clean up uninstall on my AMD graphics card.

Here are my steps for future references:

1. Uninstall AMD drivers from Uninstall Wizard (not from Device Manger)
2. Download Driver Fusion, and select Delete on AMD.
3. Restart the PC. Go to Acer official website, and download the newest VGA driver.


Hey there,

I did exactly as you said.
All 3 steps but I still have the Error Code 43.
I have a windows 8 64 bit Samsung series 3 with a series 7600 HD Radeon.

I don't think it bother anything, cos everything seems to work.
But what the hell is it?!

Please advise.
Thx :) 
m
0
l
October 2, 2013 2:14:12 PM

DimaMotel said:
mrgooey said:
Thanks scout_03 for the support.

I figured the solution to my problem.

It turns out that I either had a bad installation or a corrupt video system file. I only needed to do a full clean up uninstall on my AMD graphics card.

Here are my steps for future references:

1. Uninstall AMD drivers from Uninstall Wizard (not from Device Manger)
2. Download Driver Fusion, and select Delete on AMD.
3. Restart the PC. Go to Acer official website, and download the newest VGA driver.


Hey there,

I did exactly as you said.
All 3 steps but I still have the Error Code 43.
I have a windows 8 64 bit Samsung series 3 with a series 7600 HD Radeon.

I don't think it bother anything, cos everything seems to work.
But what the hell is it?!

Please advise.
Thx :) 


same thing on my samsung NP350V5C, I flushed win8 and installed win7... now, no matter what I tried from the described above- none helped =( any ideas..?
m
0
l
October 12, 2013 10:01:45 AM

I have a samsung NP355v5c with an AMD radeon HD 7520g card and recently re installed win 8 after swapping it out for win 7 because the version was not genuine, now my display driver is playing up and coming up with errors.
I have un installed all drivers and re installed them several times and no luck.
m
0
l
January 5, 2014 10:01:15 PM

Windows Updates Help alot, try those.
m
0
l
January 27, 2014 11:50:10 AM

Hi,

Laptop: Lenovo G500
Video: AMD Radeon HD 8570M and Intel 4000
OS:Windows 7 and 8

1. Uninstall both drivers (for AMD and Intel)
2. Turn off AMD (in BIOS)
3. Install driver for Intel
4. Turn on AMD (in BIOS)
5. Install driver for AMD
6. Restart.

It works on my laptop.
m
0
l
January 28, 2014 3:50:44 AM

gracus said:
Hi,

Laptop: Lenovo G500
Video: AMD Radeon HD 8570M and Intel 4000
OS:Windows 7 and 8

1. Uninstall both drivers (for AMD and Intel)
2. Turn off AMD (in BIOS)
3. Install driver for Intel
4. Turn on AMD (in BIOS)
5. Install driver for AMD
6. Restart.

It works on my laptop.


how did u get to bios on G500 ..
i have win 8.1 ..
cant get to bios ..
m
0
l
!