yeah i thought this was really odd and as my Evil Twin problem got solved
pretty quickly i thought maybe someone could help with this. I noticed it a
while ago but i just haven't played Deus Ex in a while so i forgot about it.
I prefer to play games in a windowed mode so i can do other things at the
same time, so as i would normally under the display options i change it to
windowed but when i play it everything is darker, and not just a little, if
i play it in fullscreen the game is very bright but in windowed i need to
constantly use my light augmentation thingy to see anything. um whats
causing the darkness :( as i'd like to be able to play it windowed.

"Catherine" <drusilla_140@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> yeah i thought this was really odd and as my Evil Twin problem got solved
> pretty quickly i thought maybe someone could help with this. I noticed it
> a while ago but i just haven't played Deus Ex in a while so i forgot about
> it. I prefer to play games in a windowed mode so i can do other things at
> the same time, so as i would normally under the display options i change
> it to windowed but when i play it everything is darker, and not just a
> little, if i play it in fullscreen the game is very bright but in windowed
> i need to constantly use my light augmentation thingy to see anything. um
> whats causing the darkness :( as i'd like to be able to play it windowed.

This can be due to many things, and can simply be down to the game itself.

Have a look in your video driver options
-> Right click empty desktop and go to properties
--> then go to settings
---> click advanced

Then you should have some tabs related to your graphics card. Typically
nVidia or ATI on there somewhere, under that should be desktop and
fullscreen brightness options (probably called gamma) have a play with those
and see if it makes any difference.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

yup tried that a while ago it didn't help :(

"Paul Smith" <Paul@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> "Catherine" <drusilla_140@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> yeah i thought this was really odd and as my Evil Twin problem got solved
>> pretty quickly i thought maybe someone could help with this. I noticed it
>> a while ago but i just haven't played Deus Ex in a while so i forgot
>> about it. I prefer to play games in a windowed mode so i can do other
>> things at the same time, so as i would normally under the display options
>> i change it to windowed but when i play it everything is darker, and not
>> just a little, if i play it in fullscreen the game is very bright but in
>> windowed i need to constantly use my light augmentation thingy to see
>> anything. um whats causing the darkness :( as i'd like to be able to play
>> it windowed.
>
> This can be due to many things, and can simply be down to the game itself.
>
> Have a look in your video driver options
> -> Right click empty desktop and go to properties
> --> then go to settings
> ---> click advanced
>
> Then you should have some tabs related to your graphics card. Typically
> nVidia or ATI on there somewhere, under that should be desktop and
> fullscreen brightness options (probably called gamma) have a play with
> those and see if it makes any difference.
>
> --
> Paul Smith,
> Yeovil, UK.
> http://www.dasmirnov.net/
> http://windows.dasmirnov.net/ Windows XP Resource Site.
>
> *Replace nospam with smirnov to reply by e-mail*

Deus EX is based on the Unreal engine and if I remember correctly, the .ini
file for Unreal Engine games has seperate entries for Windowed and
FullScreen mode. It's possibly there may be a "gamma" entry for Windowed
mode that you could set in the game's .ini file.