Windows 7 addons

Goldengoose

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
Hey there!

I'm searching for a windows 7 desktop addon that will group certain folders/shortcuts of choice together under one symbol which will then expand when i hover my mouse over it. The best example i can find at the moment is on ice cream sandwich (the google folder on the main screen with gmail, youtube etc etc in).

I've had a quick search around but i don't really know what i'm looking for, any help would be appreciated. Thanks! :)

Goldengoose

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011

Any idea's on what i can use to expand the folders on hover?

Goldengoose

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
I have been searching around and i've seen a theme that will emulate the MAC OS theme. It has several icons along the bottom which will expand in a straight line upwards when hovered over. This is almost exactly what i want except less mac - could do with the icons being spread out in certain area's of the desktop which will expand around the folder rather than straight up. Does anyone know if this can be customized?

Thanks!

nsa10124

Honorable
Aug 5, 2012

I found a great add on called Jumplist Launcher
http://en.www.ali.dj/jumplist-launcher/
It is an Icon pinned to your taskbar, which you can assign up to 60 items to.
When you right click on the Icon a jumplist pops out with your programs, folders, files, etc.
I hope this helps!

The one downside about it is that it makes all of your other jumplists longer. Say you set Jumplist Launcher to 20 items, now your Chrome or IE will show your 20 most viewed, or recently visited items. Not a huge deal, but before I downloaded this add on I had it set to display 0 items (I don't like the clutter.)