Your question

Windows 7 AMD Graphics driver issues

Tags:
  • Radeon
  • Windows 7
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 6, 2012 4:31:52 AM

i have a Radeon 7770 in my rig, and I'm having some issues.

i get a small line of messed up discolored pixels at the top of my display.
this problem is hard to explain and only happens sometimes, but i have determined the following.

this only happens when my screen times out and when i put my pc to sleep and wake it up
(so my display will be fine and dandy, i put it to sleep, then when i wake it up... this stupid line of pixels shows up)

there is a way to temporarily fix this, if i change my resolution to a higher res, then drop it back down to native, it goes away.
but it always comes back after going to sleep.

it only happens with this one monitor, its a flat screen tele but i can buy a new one for a while, so changing monitors is out of the question.

My setup:
19" 1440 x 900 HDTV
dvi to hdmi cable
radeon 7770 msi overclocked edition

Any help is soooooo appreciated :sol: 

More about : windows amd graphics driver issues

December 6, 2012 4:37:18 AM

Are you sure it's not something with the TV's connection to the HDMI? Like a cheaper HDMI cable? Can you omit the DVI connector and just run HDMI from the card directly to the HDMI on the TV? I use a micro HDMI adapter to my card then run the HDMI to the TV.
m
l
December 6, 2012 5:00:57 AM

BobCharlie said:
Are you sure it's not something with the TV's connection to the HDMI? Like a cheaper HDMI cable? Can you omit the DVI connector and just run HDMI from the card directly to the HDMI on the TV? I use a micro HDMI adapter to my card then run the HDMI to the TV.

Yeah i have tried hdmi straight from the card to the tv... i used a very low quality cable, (seriously i need to buy some new cables lol) but i still got the line of pixels.. has anyone else had anything like this?

P.s. i doubt its my card btw. It run games without issue and the fact that this goes away when i change my res tells me its either my monitor or a swoftware / drivers issue.
m
l
!