Problem - Asking to insert correct CD or cannot read drive

Colleague has an issue with some of his games now that he has gone to Windows
XP Home (SP2)
The games are;
Far Cry
Operation Flashpoint
Sturmikov Forgotten Battles
He has installed them with now apparent problems. But when he comes to start
the game it says "Please insert the correct CD" he also had a message saying
Can not read CD drive.
He has the correct CD in the drive.

Any suggestions?

"Jet" <Jet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Colleague has an issue with some of his games now that he has gone to
> Windows
> XP Home (SP2)
> The games are;
> Far Cry
> Operation Flashpoint
> Sturmikov Forgotten Battles
> He has installed them with now apparent problems. But when he comes to
> start
> the game it says "Please insert the correct CD" he also had a message
> saying
> Can not read CD drive.
> He has the correct CD in the drive.

Hello.

Good place to start would be
http://windows.dasmirnov.net/troubleshooting/commonproblems.php#correctcd

If the top two options are no use post back and we'll dig a bit deeper.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.