Sign in with
Your question
Solved

MSI case, GigaByte Z77x-ud5h MB- front usb prob

Last response: in Systems
January 21, 2013 12:52:15 AM

Hello,
New member here- Typing on my 1st build from scratch. I have worked out most issues but this bugs me. On the front of the MSI case is what they call a "supercharge port". It is supposed to be used for fast charging "only", for phones, etc. I have this panel's usb connector plugged into the RED, usb 'Front Panel' header; on the Gigabyte MB. The other usb ports on this panel show my phone charging when plugged in but this port does nothing? Anyone have a clue what I have done wrong?

Best solution

a b B Homebuilt system
January 21, 2013 1:19:18 AM

Margomania said:
Hello,
New member here- Typing on my 1st build from scratch. I have worked out most issues but this bugs me. On the front of the MSI case is what they call a "supercharge port". It is supposed to be used for fast charging "only", for phones, etc. I have this panel's usb connector plugged into the RED, usb 'Front Panel' header; on the Gigabyte MB. The other usb ports on this panel show my phone charging when plugged in but this port does nothing? Anyone have a clue what I have done wrong?

if botrh ports are plugged into the same usb 3.0 port on your mb you have to turn on fast charging under the usb ports. in the bios. or install the usb fast charge software and per the install note have the newest bios installed.
January 21, 2013 3:00:08 AM

Thank You Smorizio. The panel only has one connector for usb, but the panel has 2 usb2, 2 usb3, plus the charge only port. I haven't seen anything in bios and I have no idea how to "turn on fast charging under the usb ports". I did see something about software for it somewhere but I thought it was only for the MSI motherboard. Their website is useless for cases but I will keep looking for software.
m
l
Related resources
January 21, 2013 3:27:24 AM

Found the software and it is only for their MB's. I guess the port is useless :( 
m
l
January 21, 2013 3:41:27 AM

Just found this description on their media page:
"
- The top-angled front panel includes two USB 3.0 ports, two USB 2.0 ports, headphone/mic jacks and a designated SuperCharger USB 2.0* port ready to replenish your mobile devices faster.

*Powered USB 2.0 ports required on motherboard
"
What is a powered usb port on motherboard?
anyone?
m
l
January 30, 2013 11:20:48 PM

Best answer selected by Margomania.
m
l
!