Sign in with
Your question

A few questions about my build before I begin building

Last response: in Systems
January 21, 2013 1:46:43 AM

I have just a few questions before I begin piecing my build together tomorrow.

I will be following Newegg's three part series for my build, is that comprehensive enough for a newcomer? I've already watched it once about 3-4 weeks ago and it seemed to be, but of course, I've never actually built a PC. Is there any other additional sources that could help me along?

Another huge question: What drivers do I need get? I am wanting to go ahead and have all drivers ready ahead of time(if I need to) so it can go along more quickly.

My important specs:
i3-3220
ASRock H77M Micro ATX LGA 1155 Mobo
Sapphire Radeon hd 7850 OC 1gb
8GB Ram
Optical drive and card reader ripped off a 2007 Vista PC

a b B Homebuilt system
January 21, 2013 1:52:47 AM

The drivers will come on CDs with the motherboard and the GPU. Once you have installed them, go to their respective websites and see if there are updates.
a c 105 B Homebuilt system
January 21, 2013 1:55:45 AM

Its enough, though looking through other build guides and researching more never hurts and you might pick up some tips from the other video's.
NCIX Tech Tips have a fairly good build guide.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84NvDMMrCNU

All the motherboard drivers, graphics card, firmware for the SSD/HDD, latest BIOS, drivers for any peripherals like mouse,keyboard and webcam. Any extra PCI devices like a network, capture or RAID card.
Maybe even download the Windows updates, though I'm unsure where you can get them.
January 21, 2013 11:46:58 AM

Thanks for the help, I'll also be watching through the NCIX build before I begin.
!