Sign in with
Your question

GTX 680 possible problems?

December 6, 2012 10:39:07 AM

Hey everyone. First off I should say I'm sorry if any of this is vague. I'm not really an expert on these kinds of things and I just can't seem to fix this. Heck, I'm not even sure why it's having these problems.

Basically, my PC's having great problems with certain games which (to my understanding) it shouldn't have any problem running. The two main ones right now being Borderlands 2. I might just be picky when it comes to these things, but...

My PC specs are:
Nvidia GeForce GTX 680
Intel i5 3570K @ 3.40GHz
16gb RAM DDR3
ASUS Sabertooth Z77

I'll start with Borderlands 2 because that was when I noticed the problem. From the people I've spoken to, my computer should be able to run the game flawlessly at 60fps, but on occasions, the game will sudenly choke, throwing the framerate down to around 30, making the game pretty uncomfortable to play. The same with Far Cry 3, which I can understand due to its demanding graphics. Both of these games' optimal settings put everything at max, and they -do- kind of run at 60fps at a max, but there are many areas where they will just suddenly drop majorly. It just seems in general, from what I can tell, my PC is not performing as best as it could, and it's baffling me.

The one I've been focusing on lately is Far Cry 3, and it seems it's very hard to find the medium where it runs smoothly, and looks nice, but I just can't find it. I was hoping to post my problems here to see if there's any advice I can get. Once again, I'm sorry if this is a very vague post, I'm terrible with these kinds of things, but if anyone needs any more information, I'd be more than happy to provide. I'll post up the settings I normally use on the Nvidia control panel - these seem to be the only settings I can try to run something at without completely jeopardizing the look of the game ad making everything look ugly and jagged... I'm too picky.

Thanks!

More about : gtx 680 problems

!