Will this be good? First timer here.

Hey, me and my friend put this list of parts together for a computer. I'm a paranoid person, so I just wanted to double check everything will be good together.

Here's the list.

Quote:

CPU: Intel i7 3770k
Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77 $115
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 Terra
Power Supply: Corsair TX750
Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce GTX 660
RAM: Corsair Vengeance PC3-12800

Thanks!
10 answers Last reply
More about will good timer here
  1. Good for what
  2. Gaming. What I meant by good was more of a "is everything compatible?" "will the power supply/motherboard be sufficient for the build?" "should this part be this part instead?" I'm just double checking that we're not making a mistake.
  3. Downgrade CPU to i5 and upgrade GPU
  4. Maybe a i5 3570k and an ASUS GeForce GTX670-DC2-2GD5?
  5. Sounds awesome.
  6. Your build is indeed very much so out of balance. Also get the latest seagate 1TB hard drive, so much faster than the caviar blue for the same price. I would also upgrade to a GTX 670 (or more) and downgrade to a 3570K. 3770k is a complete waste of money in a gaming build.
  7. Thanks, I was originally going to do an i5 instead, but... To be honest I can't remember why I switched it. So switching to the i5 and getting a GTX 670 would balance it out? Also, thanks for the tip on switching to the Seagate.
  8. It'd be better for gaming that way, yes
  9. Alright, thanks for your advice, both of you.
  10. firedice said:
    Your build is indeed very much so out of balance. Also get the latest seagate 1TB hard drive, so much faster than the caviar blue for the same price. I would also upgrade to a GTX 670 (or more) and downgrade to a 3570K. 3770k is a complete waste of money in a gaming build.

What do mean seagate 1tb is much faster than a caviar blue?
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems