Internet Please!

joeey89

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
Gentlementlemen -- and women,

There is a short and sweet version at the bottom for all the non-readers out there.

Mobo: ASRock P67 EXTREME4 GEN3 LGA 1155 Intel P67
CPU: I 2500
GPU: Radeon 6970 2 gb
PSU: COOLER MASTER GX Series RS750-ACAAE3-US 750W
SSD: Crucial M4 CT128M4SSD2CCA 2.5" 128GB SATA III
Optic: ASUS DRW
RAM: G.SKILL F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL

I have had a few issues trying to build this. The HDD I initially ordered showed up toasted. I'm just using the SSD for now.

I have installed Windows 7 and ALL of the drivers on the accompanying mobo cd. Blah blah boring. I even downloaded some on a laptop and thumbdrived them over. No go.

HERE IS THE PROBLEM: When I plug an ethernet cable in, I can't get on the internet. Windows Network runs its troubleshooter like it's going to try and fix something (pshh.. yeah right) then it says I need drivers. Well guess what? I just downloaded every driver on the interwebs and that has not fixed it. So I say, hey maybe I'll look at the ethernet port... No lights. >< Wish I would've started there. Funny thing is when I was having trouble with the HDD the first go round, the same port worked like a charm! I had installed windows 7 and all that and connected to the internet via the same port, but the faulty HDD had some issues that crashed me and all my beautiful swtor plans came to naught.

I'm wondering if it's a power issue? (I have no idea, actually) I really don't think it's a hardware thing on the mobo because, like I said, it worked just yesterday...

And, on a much darker note, I actually called Geek Squad about it... I was desperate!

The Short version: Ethernet port doesn't work with all necessary drivers... what gives?

Appreciate any help!

tomatthe

Distinguished
Have you triple checked device manager to make sure your card shows up as installed and working properly?

Try connecting the cable you are using to another device to make sure the cable is working properly. If you don't have another device to test with, try a different cable if possible or different port on your switch/router.