Sign in with
Your question

3 monitors for work

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 6, 2012 4:48:48 PM

Hello,
I am a graphic designer and I am using 2 monitors working in Photoshop, InDesign and so on: 1st monitor (a very good CRT, hope it will last...) for the image, 2nd (flat) for all the adjustment panels - my graphic card is 2 ways out. Until now it was fine...
Lately I went in video editing (After Effects and Premier) and I feel a bit overcrowded. I think that an additional monitor can solve the problem...
Is there a possibility to run a PC with 2 graphic cards and 3 independent monitors (having one desktop on all 3 of them, like I do now on 2)?
Are there graphic cards for 3 monitors?
Thanks a lot,
sergplam

More about : monitors work

a b U Graphics card
December 6, 2012 5:26:11 PM

New graphics cards support more outputs than older ones have.

An HD7750 should do what you need, although it depends what type of connections your monitors can use. You should get a monitor with a display port connection if possible for your new one. I am a little concerned that some of the outputs may be mutually exclusive (as in if you use one DVI connector, you can't use a vga), usually hdmi and display ports will always work 1 to 1, but sometimes DVI and vga can cause some trouble with some cards/monitors (If you have two DVI for both monitors, sometimes one is only digital and the other supports analog, so if both monitors need analog dvi, the card won't work)... unfortunately it's not easy to tell.
a b C Monitor
December 6, 2012 5:31:41 PM

You could also use a USB to DVI adapter to add another monitor. Since you're not pushing 3D, that should work fine. They're around $50-75.
Related resources
December 7, 2012 4:49:19 PM

SinisterSalad said:
You could also use a USB to DVI adapter to add another monitor. Since you're not pushing 3D, that should work fine. They're around $50-75.

Due to your recommendation I visited theirs site... unbelievable... can it be so simple???

Thanks a lot, I will research further but it is still kind of SF for me...
a b C Monitor
December 10, 2012 1:53:27 PM

sergplam said:
Due to your recommendation I visited theirs site... unbelievable... can it be so simple???

Thanks a lot, I will research further but it is still kind of SF for me...

I have a number of them deployed at my work. They are very basic video adapters, but are still adequate for video and normal work use.
December 12, 2012 3:30:33 PM

Thank you very much, you were of great help! Thanks again!
!