New Build Not Staying On

spinney

Honorable
Nov 3, 2012
Kind of a weird issue.. pressing the power button lights it, as well as starts the two fans for the CPU radiator and the "FX" on my processor for about half a second before it turns off. Holding the power button results in the same thing, except repeatedly. It sounds like a car trying to start.. except more computery :)

MSI 970a-g46 MOBO,
AMD FX8150 CPU
Diablotek 575w PSU
EVGA 660TI GPU
ESSENCE STX SC

Not sure what the problem is.. I've reseated everything but can't come to a conclusion.. or rather, I would like someone more knowledgeable to come to a conclusion for me :) Thanks!

spinney

Honorable
Nov 3, 2012

No luck :( It does the same thing regardless of where the ram is, how much is in, or if any is in it at all. Thanks though :)

spinney

Honorable
Nov 3, 2012

Actually no, I didn't. The case didn't come with any and I've saw people just skip using them. Could that be the problem? I figured it was just a precaution and not necessarily needed.

edit: My case comes with six standoffs preinstalled, and six holes in the mobo that would accommodate them.. so there's no need for a standoff.. right?

spinney

Honorable
Nov 3, 2012

I have some extra standoffs.. but a standoff just screws into a hole into the case and then slips through a hole in the motherboard, where a screw is screwed into it, right? My case has six built in standoffs, but the motherboard only has six holes for screws.. so there's no need for additional standoffs right?