Sign in with
Your question

Switching out gmax4500 video card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 6, 2012 6:14:27 PM

Hello,
I have a dell intel pc 560 series that has a gmax4500 video card. I would like to change to a dedicated video card for use with a clearview flight simulator. Is this possible? Whta type of dedicated card should I purchase if possible? Thanks for your reply.
a b U Graphics card
December 6, 2012 6:32:15 PM

You are talking about the integrated GMA X4500 graphics.
This is integrated graphics, you don't have a video card at all. There is nothing to switch out.

What you can do however, is simply add in a budget video card for your system.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
I assume your system has a generic low end Dual core processor, and an aging Power Supply. So this GT630 would probably be the best video card you can have in your system, without replacing anything else.

All you need to do is pop it in to the PCIe Slot on your motherboard, install the newest Nvidia drivers for your Operating System and away you go.
(Ensure the system is unplugged from the wall entirely before you open it up)
m
l
Related resources
December 6, 2012 6:48:16 PM

azathoth said:
You are talking about the integrated GMA X4500 graphics.
This is integrated graphics, you don't have a video card at all. There is nothing to switch out.

What you can do however, is simply add in a budget video card for your system.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
I assume your system has a generic low end Dual core processor, and an aging Power Supply. So this GT630 would probably be the best video card you can have in your system, without replacing anything else.

All you need to do is pop it in to the PCIe Slot on your motherboard, install the newest Nvidia drivers for your Operating System and away you go.
(Ensure the system is unplugged from the wall entirely before you open it up)

Thank you for your reply. I'm not computer literate but could find someone to help me install.
m
l
a c 180 U Graphics card
a b å Intel
December 6, 2012 6:51:57 PM

If you can screw in a light bulb you can plug in a graphics card.
m
l
!