Lan device stopped working on manage cisco 300 switch

sandy_2982

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012
hi, i was using dlink 10/100 switch, i recently changed it with a cisco 300 gigabit manage switch. All device working except my fingerprint machine. Its nt even pinging. Plz help wht to do.

RealBeast

Titan
Perhaps the fingerprint machine has a specific ip address built into its firmware and that address is not in your current subnet. Check the fingerprint machine to see if it has an ip address or look at its user manual to determine how to change its address.

You could change the ip address on the fingerprint machine to one in the dhcp range or you could assign the fingerprint machine a reserved dhcp address (works like a static address within the dynamic range) by entering the fingerprint machine MAC address in the router's reserved dhcp table and select an address within the dynamic assignment range that is not already assigned. From then on, the FM will always be assigned that address and will be within the subnet.

sandy_2982

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012

Thanks for your suggestion,
But i come to know that FM has 10/10 network card n that doesn't supported by Cisco SG300. I make changes in SG300 but doesn't work . i tried all the ways ....nothing helped ..