SETI@Home build questions

TheMadFapper

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
Hey guys, so it might be better to ask this over at the BOINC forums but I figured a lot of you are probably also participating and could help me out with a few questions.

I currently have one Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 which I have overclocked slightly past what it came with.
NOTE: I CANNOT pick up another Windforce 670 for this particular case (CM Storm Scout I), it will not fit. I don't even know how I wiggled the first one in.

1.) How significant of a performance increase would I see with these computations if I added another 670 in SLI?
2.) Should I enable my GPU overclocking profile 24/7 while it's working?
3.) The Windforce 670 stays extremely cool even when running Heaven benchmark at max. Undoubtedly there will be heat issues with a 2nd 670. Does anyone have any experience with this particular 670 and finding a cool-running partner card for SLI? The Windforce can also not be moved out of the first PCIe slot, not enough room for the shroud in the second slot.

Last resort: Do I just need to get a bigger case for better airflow + more room for 2nd Windforce 670?

I currently have an i5 3570K, overclocked to 4.2Ghz.
1.) I've seen reports of some CPU's having too many errors, and their computations thrown out. How can I avoid this with this processor?
2.) Would it be more effective to underclock the CPU to reduce temps/stress, but thereby slowing down processing?
3.) Is there a particular server-class CPU that is cheap (under 300) that would be better suited for projects like SETI@Home?

Thank you guys, you're awesome.