Sign in with
Your question

Gtx 670 Brand Choice

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 6, 2012 7:04:59 PM

Hello,

Im looking at upgrading my evga gtx 465 sli for a single card. I been debating on a 570/580/660ti/670 and read that probably the best would be 670 for obvious reasons. I've always used EVGA, but i read a lot of articles on them having bad batches of 670's and I like everyone else out there doesnt want to get a lemon. I been kicking around the idea of going with another brand and wanted to see what people's take if there are any major differences (besides slight performance) there are. Looking for the most stable and dependable card. I dont really OC a ton, so that isnt a big factor.

Galaxy
Zotac
Gigabyte
MSI
EVGA

Also, not sure if this helps, but im looking at getting a used one through amazon, only way i can afford a 670 model.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

More about : gtx 670 brand choice

December 7, 2012 8:40:13 PM

I personally bought the gigabyte gtx 670, it uses the 680 reference board, overclocks very well, and has some of the best cooling out there (all for reference price). Mine is currently at +140mhz core and +780mhz memory stable in all games and never breaks 60C. Most newegg reviews for the card tell the same story, Can't go wrong with this card.
December 7, 2012 11:40:08 PM

I'm running the EVGA 670 FTW and having 0 problems....the over clocking software is great. :D 
December 7, 2012 11:52:29 PM

Steverl22 said:
I'm running the EVGA 670 FTW and having 0 problems....the over clocking software is great. :D 

yeah had a evga 560 ti before; evga is great, gigabyte just had better cooling solution. That being said, evga precision X is awsome. Havent tried gigabyte's OC software, doubt its as good.
!