Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

$1300-$1400 gaming build

Last response: in Systems
Share
January 21, 2013 4:27:38 PM

Approximate Purchase Date: e.g.: few weeks

Budget Range: around $1300-$1400 after everything, no peripherals

System Usage from Most to Least Important: gaming, web browsing

Are you buying a monitor: No

Parts to Upgrade: new build

Do you need to buy OS: Yes

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: idc

Location: City, State/Region, Country - Missouri, USA

Parts Preferences: idc

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920 x 1080

Additional Comments: n/a

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: i want to run high end games well


Here's what I have so far:
PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/yNxj
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/yNxj/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/yNxj/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($24.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($114.99 @ Microcenter)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.99 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($129.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Video Card ($369.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair 500R White ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Rosewill Tachyon 750W 80 PLUS Platinum Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($129.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($22.98 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $1292.87
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-01-21 13:27 EST-0500)

More about : 1300 1400 gaming build

January 21, 2013 4:51:42 PM

I may want to crossfire later, and the ssd is already pro
m
0
l
Related resources
January 21, 2013 5:01:14 PM

Ahh sorry didn't notice. Fair enough.
m
0
l
January 21, 2013 5:45:38 PM

I read some of the first reviews, they're almost all 1 egg
m
0
l
January 21, 2013 5:53:43 PM

lukethebeast12 said:
I read some of the first reviews, they're almost all 1 egg


Store reviews are not a good way to judge products. If you look closer a good 90% of the things people complain about could be prevented with a few simple precautions. The other 10% have nothing to do with the product itself but with bad refunds or problems with UPS. Seasonic is the best of the best - a lot of manufacturers rebrand their PSUs and sell them that way. Corsair, Antec, and XFX all rebrand Seasonic power supplies.

Here's what a real review of that power supply would look like: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Seasonic-X-Serie...

Or this: http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=...

The people on Newegg usually don't take the time or have the resources to review products like this.
m
0
l
!