Need help with my gaming pc setup

EetuV

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
So I have been thinking about building my own PC and after some googling I've ended up with these components:

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K

Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V DELUXE

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP Black DDR3-1600 DIMM CL10

GPU: 4096MB TGT GeForce GTX 680 Ultra Charged

HDD: 1000GB WD Black WD1002FAEX

SSD: 256GB OCZ Vertex 4

Optical drive: Asus BW-12B1ST Blu-ray Disc Writer

CPU cooler: Noctua NH-D14

Power supply: 850 Watt Corsair TX Modular Series Modular 80+ Bronze

Case: Coolermaster HAF X

The idea is that the rig would be quite future-proof and upgradeable. I'm going to game at 2560x1440 resolution. So what do you guys think, should I replace some components with something else?
I'm thinking of overclocking the cpu to 4.5Ghz so will that cooler be enough?
Also, I'm not sure about the GPU. I know I want an NVIDIA card, because I'm going to SLI later when I have the money to buy a second graphics card and overall I think NVIDIA is better. But I've heard that NVIDIA is going to release new GPU's in the coming months, so should I wait for them? The 780 might be quite an upgrade and last a lot longer compared to the 680. Lastly, are there any other good new components coming in the next few months that I should consider?

EDIT: One more thing: do you think that the CPU will be able to handle 2xgtx780 in SLI?

theloveablemoose

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012
i would advise you to swap the gtx 680 with a 670 as they have similar performance and your wallet wont take as much as a hit when you eventaully upgrade to one of the 700 series cards you may also want to go with an i5 it will give you similar performance in gaming as the i7 and will save you some money so you can upgrade to haswell in the future

also you may want to look into the new 280mm closed loop watercoolers from corsair and nzxt they have a higher surface area than the h100 and they will give better performance than the nh-d14 and your case supports it without any modifications so why not

in regards to the power supply you may want to look into a more premium power supply such as the axi series from corsair they give higher efficiency and are silent up to 30% load which makes your pc quiter overall

EetuV

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013

I really don't want to spend more on the cooling, but you have a point with the power supply and the GPU. If I decided to buy a 670, which one would be the best bang for buck?

theloveablemoose

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012

MSI GTX670 power edition great cooler overvoltage for overclocking better value for money then 680 as it gives almost the same performance as a 680