Radeon HD 7950 Vapor-x will it fit?

redbadboy

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012
Hey guys, i just ordered the SAPPHIRE TECHNOLOGY Radeon HD 7950 Vapor-X- 3 GB GDDR5 Edition. But when i look at my motherboard i'm realy getting confused if it will fit.

It's about this moterboard.
Asus M4A88TD-M EVO/USB3 sktAM3 micro ATX

Thanks already for all your help!!

-redbadboy

drinkingcola86

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2008
It will fit. I would be more concerned about your Case. If you have a micro atx board then usually it involves a small case.

What you have in the means of PCI express slots are as follows; Closes to the processor is a PCI-E 1x(mostly used for network cards and some usb/sata controllers), PCI-E 16x (Mostly used for GPU's but some people occasionally used them for a sata expansion and controller), PCI-E 1x(Same as above), and finally a PCI x4 legacy slot.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
According to the specs, it is a 10.3" long card. Measure from the expansion slot covers to the first obstruction the card will meet when seated in its slot. Like a drive cage, for instance.

redbadboy

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012
It will definitaly fits on my case it's a pc i builded myself. But i was just confused if its isnt going to fit over the IDE slots on my motherboard and the other things that are on the bottom on it. But as u guys say it don´t i trust u ;-)

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
The only issue I see with that board and card, is that you will loose the one PCIex1 slot. But I'm sure you already know that. I don't see where the long card will interfere with either the SATA headers, the IDE header, the chipset heat sync, or the 24 pin board header, if that is your concern. Cards are designed to clear the low profile heat syncs on motherboards that are almost always in that location. Connecting cables into the SATA headers might be a bit close to the card's cover, but I don't expect you to have any problem.

redbadboy

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012

Thanks you very much for this reaction ! I will hope it will fit ;-) i let u know.